Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,866

3 members and 2,863 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Thread: New enclosure

Thanks

New enclosure

Today I switch my BP's enclosure from the all living things 20gal long to the exo terra 23 gal front access enclosure. Does that mean we go hands off for 1 week to allow her to acclimate? Everything in the new enclosure was place in from her old terrarium and the location of her terrarium is not changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: New enclosure

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton87 View Post
    Today I switch my BP's enclosure from the all living things 20gal long to the exo terra 23 gal front access enclosure. Does that mean we go hands off for 1 week to allow her to acclimate? Everything in the new enclosure was place in from her old terrarium and the location of her terrarium is not changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IMO I wouldn't think it would take a week, especially since the hides are the same and and other things inside plus the same location. You might want to give it a couple days of rest from handling which is good anyway. (There are a lot more people on here that have more experience and knowledge than me, hopefully one or two of them will give you a response.) When I do handle her I like to handle her kind of often, but for short periods of time, like 10 minutes. But I give it a couple days rest from handling after she has ate. And I like to leave her alone during shed when the eyes are blue.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Balls should not have a problem changing from one enclosure to another, it's similar to what they do in the wild.

http://jkrballstreetjournal.com/2014...-eating-again/

I have 2 cages for my 1 snake, a glass terrarium and PVC cage. He eats (and sheds and poops) in both.
    Last edited by The Golem; 07-09-2015 at 10:17 PM.