So last night was feed night. Walter was a couple days out of blue and ready to shed at any time so I thought I would pass him up for his rat so I didn't mess up his impending shed. He'd been slamming the bigger sized rats the last three weeks so I figured wouldn't hurt him to miss a meal. Pulled a mouse out to thaw for my daughters corn snake and went down in the den to watch me some tube while it thawed.
I look over at Walters tank and here he is with his head sticking out of his hide looking at me like hey dude it's feeding night remember. So I go up and take his rat out of freezer and start thawing it out. I go back down in the den and look over and he is intently rubbing his nose all over the inside of his hide and already had the old skin started peeling on his nose.
So my plan became to feed the corn snake, turn the tv and lights out and go upstairs and wait until he finished shedding to try and feed him. I go back down in an hour and he's tucked in his hide all shiny and nice looking with a large section of shed skin around his stump hide. I'm hitting his rat with the blow drier and out he comes ready to eat. A very short little zombie dance and wham he nails it and coils just outside his hide at which point I look in and notice he still had about 4-6 inches of skin left to shed off his tail. I guess he passes the multi-tasking test.