Disco and Onyx, two of my ball python girls, were switched to live a little while back because they decided they wanted nothing to do with frozen thawed rodents. However, when I went to pick up their rats, the guy was a no show. Seeing as I had extra rat pups in the freezer (and because their eating habits have kept them smaller than I'd like), I decided that I may as well try frozen thawed again. I offered one to Disco, and.... BAM! Gone. I was shocked. The snake had only taken one frozen thawed meal in her life before now. I'm hoping she continues to eat, because the rat supplier is almost an hour away and it's not at all convenient.

I decided this was way too good to be true, and I was sure Onyx wouldn't want a rat. I offered it to her, and she was so enthusiastic about it I wouldn't have been surprised if she ate the tongs as a side dish. That's what I've always liked about Onyx. When she's in the mood to eat, she's in the mood to eat. If she isn't, tough luck. After she was done, I came back in the room and double checked the lock on her cage like I do every night. When she heard me, her first response was to come out of her hide and get ready to strike. Somehow I don't think I'll have any further problems with her.

Either way, I'm really happy about this! Now to see if they keep it up...