Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,981

0 members and 2,981 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Thanks

Silly Spinnerblasts And Other Spider Morphs

Here's my Spinnerblast, Steve the Derp Herp, doing his thing. He sits like this frequently, sometimes for several minutes. I love this guy!!

Does anyone else have any pics of there endearing wobble spiders?
    1.0 Spinnerblast - Steve
    1.0 Lesser - Tony
    0.1 Normal - Cleo
    1.0 Desert - Hawkeye
    0.1 Pastel - Natasha
    1.0 Pastel Coral Glow - Bruce
    0.1 Butter - Pepper
    0.1 Spinner - Peggy

It's dangerous for a former pokemon trainer to get into ball pythons...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizzy_troy For This Useful Post:

Mr Oni (05-28-2015),nightwolfsnow (09-17-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,842 Times in 4,771 Posts
    My spinner being her usual derpy self.
    Last edited by bcr229; 05-25-2015 at 12:27 AM.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (06-02-2015),Megg (06-29-2015),nightwolfsnow (09-17-2015)

Thanks

Re: Silly Spinnerblasts And Other Spider Morphs

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    My spinner being her usual derpy self.
    Love!
    1.0 Spinnerblast - Steve
    1.0 Lesser - Tony
    0.1 Normal - Cleo
    1.0 Desert - Hawkeye
    0.1 Pastel - Natasha
    0.1 Butter - Pepper
    0.1 Spinner - Peggy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lizzy_troy For This Useful Post:

Mr Oni (05-28-2015)

Thanks
    OK. So I have a question. I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade, cause these are very cute pics, but I figure y'all could answer my question best. How do you feel about the wobble? I have only been into snakes for about a year, and I have always thought that I would look at a wobble snake if I had one and feel sad for it, feel like apologizing... I didn't know how to feel about the responsibility of breeding snakes with issues like these. I don't really have a formed opinion, just thought I would feel bad, but I look at your pictures and they're just cute little ones like my lesser pastel, but inclined to enjoy being upside down . Sorry if this is a thread hijacking, but I had to ask.....
    0.1 Lesser Pastel

Black Spooky Kitty
    0.1 Faye Tiny Kitty

?.?
    Feral Cat Colony

And more on the way always....

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anicatgirl For This Useful Post:

lizzy_troy (05-25-2015),SnakeBalls (05-28-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anicatgirl View Post
    OK. So I have a question. I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade, cause these are very cute pics, but I figure y'all could answer my question best. How do you feel about the wobble? I have only been into snakes for about a year, and I have always thought that I would look at a wobble snake if I had one and feel sad for it, feel like apologizing... I didn't know how to feel about the responsibility of breeding snakes with issues like these. I don't really have a formed opinion, just thought I would feel bad, but I look at your pictures and they're just cute little ones like my lesser pastel, but inclined to enjoy being upside down . Sorry if this is a thread hijacking, but I had to ask.....
    I love your question and I'm glad you asked!

To be honest, I laugh at YouTube videos of wobbly snakes. Yes, I know it's sad, but it's also pretty funny. My guy is really entertaining, and therapeutic, actually, because he is a "special needs" snake (as my mom put it). I have adhd and sensory processing issues, as do two of my children, and his movements remind me of the struggles we adhd'ers face. My son will occasionally watch tv upside down on the couch.

I guess the wobble is sad, in a way, but I don't see it as a bad thing, and it doesn't bother me. It's just different. He doesn't appear to be suffering in any way. It's like the fainting goats; their muscles tighten when they get excited or scared, they fall over, then get back up and go about their business, their quality of life not affected at all. I laugh at them, too. You would be surprised at how many domesticated or captive bred animals have genetic issues as part of the package deal.

As long as the snakes do not appear to be suffering or living a reduced quality of life, I see nothing wrong with continuing using then in breeding projects.
    Last edited by lizzy_troy; 05-25-2015 at 02:52 AM.
    1.0 Spinnerblast - Steve
    1.0 Lesser - Tony
    0.1 Normal - Cleo
    1.0 Desert - Hawkeye
    0.1 Pastel - Natasha
    0.1 Butter - Pepper
    0.1 Spinner - Peggy

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lizzy_troy For This Useful Post:

anicatgirl (05-25-2015),EMSPrincess (06-01-2015),gameonpython (05-30-2015),Megg (09-17-2015),nightwolfsnow (09-17-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,842 Times in 4,771 Posts

I only have two with the spider gene in my collection, and neither has a bad wobble. The spinner in the picture is worst when she's excited, such as when feeding, but it's still not bad and since she readily takes f/t it doesn't matter if she gets a bad hit on the rat because of it. The other has even less wobble.

I would feel bad if I produced one with a bad enough wobble that it had to be culled, just as much as if I'd produced a badly kinked or otherwise deformed baby that couldn't survive.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

anicatgirl (05-25-2015),lizzy_troy (05-25-2015),nightwolfsnow (09-17-2015)

Thanks

Mutants are always funny

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brandon_Hribar For This Useful Post:

lizzy_troy (05-27-2015),SnakeBalls (05-28-2015)

Thanks

It's endearing. It doesn't seem to effect their quality of life, and they're quite quirky compared to other snakes. Imagine peeking in two tubs; the first snake raises it's head slightly to look at you better while the second twists his whole head and neck around to look at you upside down (complete with tongue flicks). It's an interesting break from the normal routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Hribar View Post
    Mutants are always funny
    Oi. Pastels and pins are mutants, too.

This is my favorite picture I've gotten of Gio being weird. I catch him doing things like this all the time, but this was the only time I had a camera handy

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Daigga For This Useful Post:

anicatgirl (05-27-2015),EMSPrincess (06-01-2015),gameonpython (05-30-2015),lizzy_troy (05-27-2015),Megg (09-17-2015),nightwolfsnow (09-17-2015)

Thanks

Nice pictures everyone! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks
    I appreciate the nice responses guys. I just love pretty much all animals (even the ones who bite me) and I want to understand. I feel that youtube is not a great place to find out. How severe is it, usually? I know some are worse than others, but what's general behavior like?
    0.1 Lesser Pastel

Black Spooky Kitty
    0.1 Faye Tiny Kitty

?.?
    Feral Cat Colony

And more on the way always....

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast