Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,897

3 members and 2,894 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks
    So... you're all gona hate me, but i got another pet mouse, a female named Penny

Nibbles needed a room mate, and we're planning on breeding the two feeders (Nibbles and Penny) with the two fancy mice (Lightning and Hippo). i'll be iterested to see what a fancy mouse+feeder mouse is.

but anyways, we noticed that Penny has been sneezing a lot. i did some research and it could be from allergies. she could possibly be allergic to the bedding from the pet store, or what she has now. it could also be a cold, and worst scenario a respiratory infection. so... my ridiculous idea of the day... we're taking her to the vets tomorrow.

anyone else ever taken a feeder mouse to the vets for a check up?? hehe. i felt pretty stupid, i called my work and was like "uhhh... when is Dr. Putt in... she does mice right" and the receptionist, Laurel, laughed at me. hehe
    1.1 bps- Apollo & Pandora ♥

Thanks

hehe my bright idea.. :)

No need for a vet visit. First, if you are using pine shavings for bedding- get rid of it now. That could be part of your problem, the oils in it can irritate the respiratory tract causing infections to crop up. Second, I am pretty sure you have a feed and grain type store near you, the type farmers use for stuff. Go get the teramycin powder (antibiotic) thats used for chickens, it should cost you around $3 maybe a little more little less. Mix 1tsp of the teramycin to the rodents water (in thier water bottle) to every 4 ounces of water, be sure that you cover the water bottle so the contents are kept in the dark, change DAILY. You must have the contents in the dark b/c light destroys it. Treat for up to 10 days.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Banned
    Thanks
    geez u might as well just get a newmouse in stead of trip to the vet

Thanks
    k, thanks Jeanne. that's probably what we'll do then. thanks a lot!!!
    1.1 bps- Apollo & Pandora ♥

Thanks
    i would change the bedding to this stuff called Critter Care, it says on the label that its safe for.........Rabbitts,Guinea pigs,Hamsters,Rats,Mice,Gerbils,Ferrets,Reptiles. and birds.

It comes in a piink package with a rabbit, guinea pig and mouse on the cover.It also says #1 formula.

Its great stuff, i use it for my hamster,it absorbs well, doesnt smell, and is alot more comfy than any kind of shaving.Its a gray color, the sell it at walmart for three bucks a bag.
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 Colombian Redtail Boa
    0.2 Salmon Pastel Redtail Boa's
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Amelanistic Corn Snake
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher
    1.0 Mexican black Kingsnake
    0.1 Luecistic Texas rat snake