Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,874

2 members and 2,872 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero

Thread: Blood vs Ball

Thanks
    need to hear from anyone who owns both Blood and Ball python.
    How different are they in terms of behaviour and temperament.
    From what ive read, Sumatran Bloods are supposed to be just as docile as Balls but just would like to hear from anyone with hands on experience with both.

Thanks.

Thanks
    I'd say it would be a crapshoot of a comparison and would think it difficult to make that judgement in a sweeping way.

Our 2 Sumatrans (I am assuming here you are referring to brongersmai) are total spitfires (Kali is sometimes very well behaved though prone to "moodiness") while our Black Blood is exceptionally docile and not in the least shy or nervous.

KLG might be able to make a much more broad statement as she's had a lot more varied experience across the board so I'll defer to her.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks
    If your trying to ask if a blood is as easy as a ball python in a weird way I would have to say no ball pythons in my expierance are much more docile. Even though my blood is docile I know not to overstep certain bounderies a ball is more likely to be an easy docile if your thinking about a first time snake get a ball python.
    There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it.
    1.1 Ball Pythons (Schurke & Sage)
    0.1 Chilean Rose Tarantula (Artemis)
    0.1 Blood Python (Clover)

Thanks
    I owned both and can say this my blood is handable not docile I never trust him fully yet, and all my Bp's are the most tame guys I have Next to my Boa who is as tame as a snake can get. If your looking for a snake you can handle with little worries (if it has a mouth it can bite) I would get a BP if you want a snake that WILL tag you from time to time and are willing to work with it atleast 3 times a week to keep it take than a blood could be an option. Now beyound just getting a snake you can handle you need to look into care my blood requires more attention than my bps do also bloods cost more to feed since they can be started on rat babies and move into small rats in hte first year.
    -Sean
    Mazdaspeed 3, yeah its silly fast!

Thanks
    I have some very, very docile bloods, but would never expect one to act like a ball...you know, since they're not ball pythons.

Bloods can be big, powerful snakes & on occasion, quite a handful due to all of their muscle mass.

Fortunately the majority of firecracker little youngsters settle down into tractable, friendly adults. You have to be willing to invest the time into establishing that rapport with the snake.

K
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

Thanks
    thanks for all the inputs.
    i have a BP and thinking of getting a Blood. just wanted to be prepared before i do get one.

thanks again everyone.