Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,439

0 members and 1,439 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Re: Snakes and your relationships

Quote Originally Posted by Tash View Post
    I'm thoroughly impressed by the amount of guys I have met/ know, who are totally grossed out that I recently got back into keeping snakes (At the moment just a single snake). I was casually seeing a guy whom I was really starting to like and when I told him about my little baby ball python he had a mini freak out and said that he didn't think it would work between us. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed but I ended up saying it was totally fine, I don't date [weaklings] anyway. Anyone else have reoccurring problems like this? I feel like there are more guys (and girls) out there that dislike snakes then I realized.
    I'm presuming that the op meant to say 'unimpressed' rather than impressed in the first line of their post !?!?

Anyways , yes I realise the thread is a few moths old ...

Just thought it was the best place to add my two cents worth .

I just find it rather odd that whenever we have friends or family around visiting it's the women and girls that show the most interest in my snakes ( 21 ranging from a 7' Snow Boa to a 12" Lavender albino striped King snake hatchling ) . They are more than happy to handle them as well .

Interestingly , the male visitors are different , the lads usually seem a bit interested or can take them or leave them but the guys are either completely disinterested / confused why I have them or simply scared of them ......
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 02-20-2016 at 12:06 PM. Reason: TOS Violation

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    I'm presuming that the op meant to say 'unimpressed' rather than impressed in the first line of their post !?!?

Anyways , yes I realise the thread is a few moths old ...

Just thought it was the best place to add my two cents worth .

I just find it rather odd that whenever we have friends or family around visiting it's the women and girls that show the most interest in my snakes ( 21 ranging from a 7' Snow Boa to a 12" Lavender albino striped King snake hatchling ) . They are more than happy to handle them as well .

Interestingly , the male visitors are different , the lads usually seem a bit interested or can take them or leave them but the guys are either completely disinterested / confused why I have them or simply scared of them ......
    I disagree. I think 'impressed" is probably what the OP meant. The number of guys who felt that way is an impressive number. That doesn't mean it's a positive experienced I was just called in for jury duty and one of the questions to the panel of potential jurors was, "how many of you have been a victim of a crime"? I was "impressed" by the number of people who had been. If you had asked me for a ratio prior to the show of hands, I would have thought 1 in 10 perhaps. However, the count was more like 1 in 4. While sad, it was impressive.

Now back to what the post is about. People and relationships are the most important thing in life. Stripped away, all that matters is the love, respect, compassion, and empathy we hold for one another. If you find that person who you feel is the one, then you should work very hard towards making that relationship be all that it can be. There is always sacrifice and reward in every relationship worth a grain of salt. Sometimes the reward is the feeling you get making the sacrifice, and knowing you put your significant other first. Compromise isn't always 50/50. It could be anything from keeping your snakes in the garage to not keeping snakes at all. I know that there are those whose philosophy is "if they loved me, they wouldn't make me choose". I guess they should also consider, "if you loved them then you wouldn't subject them to a choice between that which they love and that which they fear". I find if both people in a relationship feel like they are giving up too much, chances are neither one is actually giving enough. Give till it hurts. "The Gift of the Magi" is a great short story that demonstrates what I'm talking about.

To the OP, keep looking and be open to the possibilities. Eventually the right fit will find you.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 02-20-2016 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Edited quote

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rlditmars View Post
    I disagree. I think 'impressed" is probably what the OP meant. The number of guys who felt that way is an impressive number. That doesn't mean it's a positive experienced I was just called in for jury duty and one of the questions to the panel of potential jurors was, "how many of you have been a victim of a crime"? I was "impressed" by the number of people who had been. If you had asked me for a ratio prior to the show of hands, I would have thought 1 in 10 perhaps. However, the count was more like 1 in 4. While sad, it was impressive.

Now back to what the post is about. People and relationships are the most important thing in life. Stripped away, all that matters is the love, respect, compassion, and empathy we hold for one another. If you find that person who you feel is the one, then you should work very hard towards making that relationship be all that it can be. There is always sacrifice and reward in every relationship worth a grain of salt. Sometimes the reward is the feeling you get making the sacrifice, and knowing you put your significant other first. Compromise isn't always 50/50. It could be anything from keeping your snakes in the garage to not keeping snakes at all. I know that there are those whose philosophy is "if they loved me, they wouldn't make me choose". I guess they should also consider, "if you loved them then you wouldn't subject them to a choice between that which they love and that which they fear". I find if both people in a relationship feel like they are giving up too much, chances are neither one is actually giving enoughs. Give till it hurts. "The Gift of the Magi" is a great short story that demonstrates what I'm talking about.

To the OP, keep looking and be open to the possibilities. Eventually the right fit will find you.

Yeah , I guess that could be the way she meant it to read .

Kinda ambiguous .

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

rlditmars (02-20-2016)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12