Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,749

3 members and 1,746 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

2 yrs old spider male ball does not want to eat?

Hi everyone,
    I bought my first baby spider ball from Ben Siegel Reptiles on aug 2013, I asked for baby spider, they sent me a pic then I was waiting for him to get to my home when he's arrive. I still remember when he first out of the delivery box, he pooped right away and I can see he had been eating! From Ben Siegel, my baby spider ball was eating frozen mice or rat there (I couldn't recall what kind.), when I first had few meals with him, I noticed he doesnt want to eat frozen mice although he did take couple meals for me. Then all of the sudden he doesn't want to eat anymore (this happened last Feb, March or even April).
    Then I switched him eating live rat, he takes it right away no hassle. He consistently take the live rat (medium) for me. He used to weight around 850 grams. The last time he ate was in October. He wasted me so much money by trying to feed him twice in a month for every month, he is not interested in the rat at all, instead he looks kind of afraid of them?
    He just shed yesterday and pooped. he still has some food in him and shed very well. I don't know what to do. i believe he weight around 800 now. he looks skinnier not as fat and rounded, but still look somewhat healthy.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Congratulations, your snake is behaving as a ball python normally does.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hungba For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (04-21-2015),KitaCat (04-21-2015)