Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,607

1 members and 2,606 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: scared crestie

Thanks

frozen to thawed?

Ok, so I'm new to this whole thing and the slightest thing seems to worry me because I don't want to hurt them or anything. Anyway, I was feeding them tonight by putting baby food (Apricot w/ pear and apple, added rep-cal herp mulitvitamins and calcium), and my flame was on the floor of the enclosure. As I layed down the dish, he bumped my finger with his nose and got scared and ran really fast to the other side of the cage and hid in a leaf. Did I freak him out too much, will he be scared for a while? Also, what's the best way to do that without freaking them out? I have to put the dish down and move some leaves out of the way to get to it, so I don't know any better way than I did tonight. Alright, maybe I just need to relax a little bit, but like I said, just a little first day jitters. I want everything to be great for them. On a side note, when I opened the lid, they were timid at first, but came over and licked me. They did it as well when I layed the dish down.
    -This has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way-

Thanks
    Okay, one more temp/humidity question. During the day, my temps are staying around 77-79 F, at night they are dropping to about 70/71. My humidity level drops as low as 65%-67% and goes up to 75-80% at certain times of the day. Is this ok? Like I said, I just want to make sure these guys are going to be comfortable.
    -This has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way-

Thanks
    Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,365 Posts
    Blog Entries
    you little guys are just a little nervous right now because they are babies and because they haven't gotten a chance to know you yet. they are still figuring out whether you are a predator or not. if they are coming over and licking you then it sounds like they are doing pretty well with things though. it's just a little startling at first to have this huge hand reach down into their little world and start moving things around, but they will get used to the routine. your temps and humidity sound fine to me. if you are worried about the humidity getting too low you can always just mist the enclosure an extra time or two. not to worry, you'll have your new little guys all settled in in no time.
    - Emily

Thanks
    Everything's fine. It will take some time for them to get used to you, as mlededee said, but as long as you don't move too quickly or accidentally overturn their enclosure or anything, they will get more comfortable with you.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!