Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,230

0 members and 2,230 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks
    New Cresties arrive in 8 hours!! Woohoo!!!
    Sorry, just a little excited. Should I feed them right away or wait until the evening? Also, I'm going to start off with baby food and then move to the crickets on saturday or sunday I guess? Any recommendations would be appreciated. Also, when do I use the T-Rex Crested Gecko diet and how? Mix it with the baby food? I know I mix the calcium powder in there. Sorry for all the last minute questions. I'm second guessing myself in all my excitement here...1 Flame, 1 beige...!!!

Josh
    -This has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way-

Thanks
    Hee hee. I think we all understand your excitement. I'd wait until evening to feed them because that's when they normally start to get active -- actually mine are typically rising at 9 PM or a bit later.

Mix the CGD with water and babyfood until it's a nice muddy gel sort of consistency, neither runny nor thick -- similar to the consistency of baby food peaches, come to think of it -- and add a wee bit of herptavite to it. When you feed the crickets, dust them lightly with calcium. If you're going to feed them crickets a couple of times a week, dusting them ought to provide enough calcium with what's in the CGD. Just make sure that as you get them accustomed to the CGD that you gradually reduce the amount of babyfood that you add to it, to make it easier to ensure their diet is nutritionally balanced.

I hope that's helpful.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    They might not realize that the baby food is food at first (since it's not moving) so you can always dab a tiny bit of it on the nose, or see if you can get them to lick it from your finger. I don't know exactly how much more nervous they are as babies...but you can always try that if they don't seem to be touching the baby food at all.

(I can tell when Dreki uses the baby food, he leaves a tiny little dent in it (tounge streaks).
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks

Atlanta show November 20-21

they just got here!!! They aren't being very photogenic right now. They seem to be exploring the whole new enclosure. Is this normal? I mean, it's 9 a.m. and they are pretty active. Also, when I opened the shipping containers, they just jumped right out onto my hand and started climbing my arm. Apparently not stressed out at all. I actually had a somewhat difficult time getting them to go play in the cage. My humidity is at 65-66%, my temps are at 74.1 and 74.2
    I hope those are ok. From what I have read, they are. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or anything...

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Congrats! They were probably happy to be out of that box and loving their new home! Can't wait to see pics!
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    If you'd been rattling around in a box, you'd want to jump out and escape too! They're just checking things out and will settle into a normal routine over the next week or so. Sounds like everything is fine, so take some pics and show us.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans

Thanks
    how long before I can take them out to handle them? I was just wondering because that would make it much easier to take the pictures. Also, it's pretty funny, when they first came out, they would jump up and down in place. It was like they were trying to go somewhere, but at the last mintue, decided to stick to where they were at. How much should I mist? They've been drinking a lot of the water, I misted and now it's gone...they've been attacking those water droplets, so I think they are pretty thirsty.

Thanks

Tongs rock...

Let 'em drink as much as they want. They were without water for the entire trip, I'm sure. I would avoid handling them for a couple of days to let them settle in, though, so you might want to just open the lid and snap a pic or two. You'll see pretty shortly how they tend to settle on someplace to go well before they jump unless they're alarmed.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    They were jumping for joy! Yippee!!
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko