Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,466

1 members and 1,465 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks
    A few days ago, my boyfriend and I were sitting watching TV. I had Goblin, my adult male BP, out and he was slithering around the couch and generally chilling out. Incidentally, I was wearing a short crop-top that left the waistline of my jeans exposed (this is important to the story, not just me boring you with my wardrobe.)
    We were sitting there nicely watching Pulp Fiction. All of a sudden, Goblin cocked his head and slipped right through one of the belt loops on my jeans and got wedged into it. He was Really, Really Stuck, and of course he was trying to move forward to get out. He had to be at least a fourth of his body length through the loop, and there was NO way of wrenching him out backward. In a flash, my boyfriend grabbed a very sharp razorblade he uses at work, and VERY carefully cut the loop off of my jeans, and Goblin was free without a scratch.
    This is such a stupid, stupid thing, and I figure it could happen to anyone who wears pants! Please don't let it happen to you. I shudder to think of how hard it'd have been to get the loop cut off without stabbing the snake, if i were home alone and this happened.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks
    I have been worried about kitty getting stuck in all kinds of things. I went out to buy a new cool looking hide and had to look and look because I didn't want him to get stuck in some hole that may be part of the structure, like a loop or something.

BPnet Veteran BallPythonBabe448's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Redtail Boa often hangs around my neck( no worries, hes only 2 ft. lol) and he gets stuck in my hair ALL the time!
    0.1 Bearded Dragon (Reka)

Thanks
    :lol: This reminds me of back when I only had one snake, my oldest BP "Hiss" I was living in a rented house with some buddies and my wife (girlfriend at that time) was holding the snake. Well she is a small women and the snake was nearly full grown so he could wrap all the way around her waist with a little to spare. I think I was taking some pics or doing something on my puter when he went into her belt loop. It was no big deal he had done it before, but this time he was wedged as far as his body could fit through. Needless to say the shorts had to removed (not a recommended way to get your significant others' pants off...but whatever works right :mrgreen: ) Anyways I try to gently move him back through the loop but he wouldn't go and I wasn't about to yank him through. So I find a knife and start carefully slitting the threads of the loop, I get about halfway through and all the sudden he just simply pulls himself back through the loop like nothing! He wouldn't fit through any normal sized belt loops now...he's to big!
    www.ASFRats.info African soft-furred rats information and exchange.

www.WarrenReptiles.com
    Website Hosting available see site for details

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Well I dom't wear pants...so...LOL! J/K
    Wow! thanks for alerting us I'll make sure Link never gets cought in my belt loops.
    Ball Pythons: Link
    If you have any advice for a new keeper pm me.

Thanks
    Was talking to a girl who works the local pet store who'd gotten a nice RTB anchored on her necklace and nearly choked her inadvertently (with the necklace itself mind you not the snake coiling) twisting its tail around it. Fortunately she just snipped the hemp but I'd never thought of that angle as I'm not much of a necklace wearin type.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks
    (not a recommended way to get your significant others' pants off...but whatever works right
    LOL
    Tihs event didn't really get my pants off, but it did ruin a pretty expensive pair of jeans (and I have only like three good pairs.)
    Blast it all....
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks
    :lol:

On the serius side it is something to keep an eye out for and be ready for a funny situation could become dangerous just as quick

</safety briefing>
    www.ASFRats.info African soft-furred rats information and exchange.

www.WarrenReptiles.com
    Website Hosting available see site for details

Thanks
    Tihs event didn't really get my pants off, but it did ruin a pretty expensive pair of jeans (and I have only like three good pairs.)
    Blast it all....
    Ahh, just get a longer shirt, nobody will be able to tell

Or you could just cut the belt loop part of the pants totally off,and if the pants are tight enough all you will need to hold them up is your zipper. then you will have some low cut jeans.........If your into those kind of jeans.LOL just some ideas so a (almost perfect) perfect pair of jeans dont get thrown away.

LOL i only know all that stuff cuz one of my friends (a girl) did that to her jeans, it came out pretty cool and she wears them all the time.She also made a belly-less sweat shirt out of a old pair of sweat pants, but that was alot more work.

I have no clue why she would make a belly-less sweat shirt tho, it serves no purpose really, i guess she just got really bored one day.
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 Colombian Redtail Boa
    0.2 Salmon Pastel Redtail Boa's
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Amelanistic Corn Snake
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher
    1.0 Mexican black Kingsnake
    0.1 Luecistic Texas rat snake

Thanks
    i think any snake WILL try get through any hole they have access to,
    i was feeding my BP Vale last night as usual in his feeding container which doesnt have holes drilled. since i always watch him feed, ( he never refused until last night ) ive never put the lid on. i put a p/k rat in, he seemed interested at first but then decided to ignore the rat and was more eager to get out. i then put the lid on and just slid a hanger between the lid and container for ventilation. as i was watching, he crawled up and managed to put his head thoough the round part of the hanger which is smaller than his girth ( he`s more than a year old ). as i tried to make him go backwards, he was more determined to get though it. i REALLY panicked, it was about 2am and i was thinking to myself how the hell am i going to get help at this time! luckily he did manage to slide through and it was actually with quite ease. i was really relieved and just sat down soaked wet with sweat. its incredible how they could get through small spaces/things.