Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,908

0 members and 2,908 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I've been preparing my cresteds food (mixture of fruit and meat baby food), adding the RepCal calcium and Herptivite and then freezing in small cubes to serve as needed. I just read where someone on another forum said freezing calcium is fine, but the freezing of the mulitvitamin results in a loss of nutritents. Should I not have added the supps prior to freezing?
    Ball Python, Bredl's Carpet Python, Kenyan Sand Boa, Saharan Sand Boa
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    Good question. I hadn't heard of any problem with it. I'll bet, though, that that is exactly the kind of question that customer service or public relations at the manufacturer is prepared to answer. Freezing ahead is certainly an easier way to handle the food and avoid waste, so if I need to start adding supplements after thawing, I'd like to know too.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks

Where to feed question, and other newbie q's...

My question would be where did the person get their information from?
    For Those Who Fought For It,
    Freedom Has A Flavor The Protected Will Never Know

Thanks
    good question tiger, i only have one baby right now. believe it or not i mix up one tiny baby spoonful of crested diet and water every day. the diet has everything they need. and once or twice a week i find a pinhead cricket for him/her. as i get more babies i'll use a bigger spoon! i'm going to use the diet and a few pinheads on babies for the first month or until they can eat small crickets.

vaughn
    you can't have just one!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Here's their exact statement:
    Calcium is an element, a mineral that's found in the earth. It's been around since Day #1, doesn't lose it's punch, doesn't need an expiry date either. Once you start mixing in vitamins (which are chemical combinations), you can have some loss of potency in the vitamins if they're old, heated or frozen. Pure Calcium (Ca) isn't destroyed by freezing.
    I thought I'd email RepCal but they don't have an email listed on their site that I can see.
    Mexican Black King, California King, Snow Corn, Okeetee Corn, Everglades Ratsnake
    Blue Tongued Skinks: Irian Jaya (2), Indonesian, Northern, Tanimbar, Eastern, Kei, Merauke
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    I don't see one either, but they do have a number 1-800-406-6446. It might be worth the call.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Ugh! You can't reach a live person at their 1-800 number. Just instructions for a company to place and order or how to request a brochure.
    Crested Gecko

Thanks
    Geez, how annoying! Maybe one of the folks here who attends a university or works with a vet would be willing to ask for their input on it. Or maybe you could ask next time you're at the zoo?

Thanks
    I would have to say , even if there is some loss , all you are doing with supplements is boosting the levels any way... feed a proper diet and supplement
    For Those Who Fought For It,
    Freedom Has A Flavor The Protected Will Never Know