Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,904

1 members and 2,903 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Moving question.

Quote Originally Posted by anicatgirl View Post
    I thought you could take a pet in a carrier as a carry on "bag". And would totally work for a snake I'd think. Hm. Darn those airlines getting more and more ridiculous.
    Absolutely not. And if you tried, you risk the life of your animal. They would confiscate it. Best case scenario, you lose the money on the flight you paid for because you have to turn around and walk out with your animal. Worst case scenario, they take your animal and "dispose" of it. There's really not much in between.
    -- Judy

Thanks
    Thanked 7,199 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MontyAndMelissa View Post
    I will be flying. I do have a friend in SD, one of the few people I trust to care for my snake (especially since it will only be a few days). I kind of looked into Ship Your reptiles. Com, my concern is I've NEVER shipped a reptile, or received one via mail, so I don't know what kind of box, or how much heating, or etc to ship her in/with. They ship through FedEx, right? How careful will they be with her? I don't want her jostled around in the mail. Unfortunately driving isn't an option. :/
    There are instructions on the SYR website. But I'll have Robyn chime in on this thread to help you. They are really terrific people to work with. And thousands of snakes are shipped every day without any problems. Packed correctly, they will do just fine.
    -- Judy

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

I will be flying. I do have a friend in SD, one of the few people I trust to care for my snake (especially since it will only be a few days). I kind of looked into Ship Your reptiles. Com, my concern is I've NEVER shipped a reptile, or received one via mail, so I don't know what kind of box, or how much heating, or etc to ship her in/with. They ship through FedEx, right? How careful will they be with her? I don't want her jostled around in the mail. Unfortunately driving isn't an option. :/
    Last year I shipped a couple of snakes for the first time.

I used Ship Your Reptiles for it. They have kits you can order that contain everthing you need. If you aren't sure what size kit to get, email them, expain the situation, and give them the weight of your snake(s). They'll tell you the correct kit to get.

If you follow the instructions you get with the kit, or ask for help on this forum, it should be a fairly easy process for you.
    Last edited by 200xth; 03-24-2015 at 09:31 AM.
    It is okay to use pine bedding for snakes.
    It is okay to feed live food to snakes.

Thanks
    Check the weather. Ship with a couple heat packs inside a well cushioned box. Make sure you write on the outside "FRAGILE HARMLESS LIVE ANIMAL"

Registered User MontyAndMelissa's Avatar
    Thanks

Its going to be late April in South Dakota.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBPython View Post
    Check the weather. Ship with a couple heat packs inside a well cushioned box. Make sure you write on the outside "FRAGILE HARMLESS LIVE ANIMAL"
    Sorry but this is NOT the way I would suggest shipping a live reptile. Overuse and misuse of heat packs KILL reptiles. You can't just "wing it" and put in a "couple". That's probably not what you meant Mike, but we have very specific temperature, heat pack and packaging guidelines to give you the best chance of success.

Shipping a live reptile may seem daunting, especially your first time, but it is actually a simple and reliable process. The easiest thing to do in this case is order one of our shipping kits, it contains everything you need to execute one shipment.

Check out our Get Help section, specifically the section on Regulating the Temperature of Your Package- which is followed by guidelines on heat pack use.

Ship the animal out ideally between Monday and Wednesday, for arrival the following day. It would be great for someone to hold on to your animal, let you make your trip and arrive, and then have them send it along to your awaiting hands.

If you have any questions about packaging, temperature conditions, etc, feel free to contact us, we are always happy to help- info@ShipYourReptiles.com

With proper packaging, and adhering to our Shipping Standards, you should expect complete success!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Thumbs up Re: Moving question.

Its incredibly difficult to bring a snake on a plane. I will likely ship her.
    You can get most of the shipping supplies through Panagea online reptile supplies. They have the insulated boxes and deli cups or cloth bags you need. Ship your reptiles has the step by step procedure to safely and legally get you through the packaging and labeling of the shipping procedure. They also have the information on insurance of the package and your shipping labels. Good luck and I hope this helped. Keep us posted.
    Last edited by Albert Clark; 03-24-2015 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Panagea has the 40 hour heat packs also! Don't forget to place the air holes through the styrofoam and box at the same time!

Registered User MontyAndMelissa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn@SYR View Post
    Sorry but this is NOT the way I would suggest shipping a live reptile. Overuse and misuse of heat packs KILL reptiles. You can't just "wing it" and put in a "couple". That's probably not what you meant Mike, but we have very specific temperature, heat pack and packaging guidelines to give you the best chance of success.

Shipping a live reptile may seem daunting, especially your first time, but it is actually a simple and reliable process. The easiest thing to do in this case is order one of our shipping kits, it contains everything you need to execute one shipment.

Check out our Get Help section, specifically the section on Regulating the Temperature of Your Package- which is followed by guidelines on heat pack use.

Ship the animal out ideally between Monday and Wednesday, for arrival the following day. It would be great for someone to hold on to your animal, let you make your trip and arrive, and then have them send it along to your awaiting hands.

If you have any questions about packaging, temperature conditions, etc, feel free to contact us, we are always happy to help- info@ShipYourReptiles.com

With proper packaging, and adhering to our Shipping Standards, you should expect complete success!
    Thank you!!

Thanks

Some airlines allow you to check snakes under the plane. As to which ones I'm not sure. You'd have to contact the airlines. There are packaging requirements and all of that and you'll need to add a couple of warm packs cause it gets a little cool under the plane, but I know it's possible. It's probably safer to ship, though.
    1.0 Ivory Queen Bee
    1.0 Black Pewter
    0.1 Bumble Bee
    0.1 Normal Het Clown
    0.1 Enchi

1.0 Boa Constrictor Imperator

1.0 Reverse Okeetee Corn Snake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12