Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,048

1 members and 2,047 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Selling situation

So I'll try to keep this short, but I'm a big detail person so i'm sorry haha

There's a local guy I've done business with about 3-4 times now, usually everything has been flawless. However I posted a pair of snakes up for sale in mid January, which he contacted me almost immediately about them asking what I would sell them to him for. Being I've done business with him before, I cut him a deal and offered him the snakes for half the price I bought them for about six months earlier. He first inquired about payments, which the amount was not a lot to begin with, but I decided to go with it being I've sold to him before. A month passes and I still haven't received any payment from him, I ask him if he is still interested and he says he is. About another two weeks pass and I put another couple snakes up for sale and he asks me how much I want for them. I ask him what about the other snakes and he says he still wants them but also wants the other snakes I had up, which were about double the price of the ones he says he would be buying. Maybe a couple days later he asks about picking up just the female, I ask him if he did not want the male anymore and he says he still does. So I tell him I'd rather sell the male to him first to keep the incentive to buy the female, not to get stiffed with after he has the female "I don't really need the male." So he told me he'd let me know by the weekend. About another week passes by and he asks about picking up the female again. I have not yet responded to him as I kind of feel he's just tired kicking now, as I still have not received any money for them.

So ultimate question is, what would you do if you were in my situation?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Just realized there is a complete different business talk section for a topic like this. Could a moderator move this please?

Thanks

Well...

If this person wants one or all of the snakes he would of already of got them. I feel he knows if you told him the snakes are his, then you wont just turn around and sell them. Many reasonings can stand behind that and I know money is not one because he would of said that he was low on money or something like that. I would say find a new person to sell them to but make sure your not getting rid of your snakes to the wrong person. joe bob might be able to take care of the snakes but don't hold on to them for more then a few weeks and less then a month. thats just taking advantage of you I feel.

Thanks
    Just tell him you are fed up and don't want to hold them back for him. Say if someone is serious about any of them then they are off, and if he wants them then he can meet you and get the, before that happens. He is playing you about, no need to bother trying too hard for him.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I own:
    1.0 Reduced Normal Ball Python [Peter]
    0.1 Harlequin Crestie [Amelia]

The other half owns:
    1.0 Orange Dalmatian Crestie [Archie]
    0.1 Golden Dalmatian Crestie [Banana]

Thanks
    Thanked 9,854 Times in 4,776 Posts
    Money talks, bravo-sierra walks, and first person to put down meony gets the snakes. Just keep marketing them at the price you want to get.

As a buyer I don't do payment plans, I have cash in hand and know what I want, and I know a seller's time is valuable. If I contact you it's because I'm ready to buy and pay in full that day.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Stewart_Reptiles (03-18-2015)

Thanks

Re: Selling situation

I'd asking him for the money if he still wants them or sell to someone else. Sounds like a couple months have passed. That is ample time to send something if he intended to. You should be guilt free in selling to someone else

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 Times in 1,171 Posts
    Block him and move on. Time is money too.
    I may not be very smart, but what if I am?
    Stinky says, "Women should be obscene but not heard." Stinky is one smart man.
    www.humanewatch.org

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wilomn For This Useful Post:

Stewart_Reptiles (03-18-2015)

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think Wes summed it up.

I have a few rules, if someone is interested in a animal I have they need to put a deposit down regardless of past business dealings we might have had, too many times people say they are interested and than . So so long their is no money the animal remains available and keep being advertised.

After that (unless it's weather related) it's not like they can take the next 4, 5, 6 months to pay the animal of, the animal must be paid within timely manner (usually the terms agreed upon when making the down payment).

As time goes by 2 things happens

Price of mutations decrease
    Your overhead (food and housing etc) will increase
    Deborah Stewart

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (03-18-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Smile Re: Selling situation

Prior flawless transactions are all good but now this is a new transaction! A payment plan is a service that really doesn't have to be offered. If the seller is business minded enough to extend a payment plan to a buyer the onus is on the buyer to be responsible and adhere to the terms. This guy is a joke! You shouldn't entertain his irresponsibility. I have a payment plan agreement right now on a animal I am purchasing. It is a 60 day payment plan but I am paying it off in less than 30. I mentioned in a different post how the customer is always right but that is not always true. Don't let this guy waste your valuable time. He obviously doesn't know what he wants. He probably is still shopping for a better deal elsewhere. Stay in peace and not pieces.

Thanks
    No money, no deal. If he's put some kind of payment down and there is an agreement on the time period of payment for which aninals, you need to honor that. If not, there is nothing that can or should stop you from selling the snakes to someone actually willing to pay for them.

Is he really asking to pick up a snake he hasn't put up any money for at all? sounds all sorts of shady to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast