Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,957

1 members and 2,956 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

DIY xPVC Rack for V-18 and V-35s tubs - thanks to Simple Man and coreydelong!

I've finished my xPVC Vision rack and wanted to share for those who are interested. A huge thanks to Simple Man for his exceptional DIY post (http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...lete-with-pics!). Also thanks to coreydelong for his DIY router work (http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...ed-progression). While I didn't router this rack, I'll likely router my next.

Let me know if you have questions...or ideas for how I can tweak the next one!

Matt

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ictguy78 For This Useful Post:

Baba Fett (03-17-2015),dr del (03-17-2015),EasiGregory (03-16-2015),se7en (08-06-2015)

Thanks
    Great build I hope to find a plastic company near me in the future to attempt some pvc rack builds
    6.13 Ball pythons
    1.0 Hypo Jungle Boa
    0.1 Irian Jaya Jaguar Carpet

Instagram: MetropolisReptiles

Thanks
    Wow Matt this looks great!

Did you pre drill each hole? How long did it take you to build from start to finish? Also have your temps/humidity been looking good so far? You said the CDs were a bit too thick, any suggestions on what you may use for future builds?

Fantastic job, thanks for posting. Now lets see some bedding and maybe a snake in one of those short V35/V18. Maybe you may be able to set my mind as ease...probably not

Greg

Thanks

Re: DIY xPVC Rack for V-18 and V-35s tubs - thanks to Simple Man and coreydelong!

Quote Originally Posted by EasiGregory View Post
    Wow Matt this looks great!

Did you pre drill each hole? How long did it take you to build from start to finish? Also have your temps/humidity been looking good so far? You said the CDs were a bit too thick, any suggestions on what you may use for future builds?

Fantastic job, thanks for posting. Now lets see some bedding and maybe a snake in one of those short V35/V18. Maybe you may be able to set my mind as ease...probably not

Greg
    Thanks Greg! I used self-drilling screws so no pre-drilling necessary. I had never used self-drilling screws before and they worked great! It took me about 6 hours total, but I have a pretty Type-A personality and spent way too much time measuring the exact location of each screw. After a few shelves I was so tired of measuring I just gave up and eye-balled it. Temps and humidity aren't an issue for me because I have a heated/humidified room. As far as a CD alternative, I'm not sure what I plan on using yet. I think in Corey Delong's post he said he wouldn't use spacers again (I think). I like the idea of a little space, but not sure what I'll use next time.

Both males are in female tubs breeding like crazy now. When they get a break I'll post a pic of one of them in the V-35

Matt

BPnet Senior Member CD CONSTRICTORS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 658 Posts

Re: DIY xPVC Rack for V-18 and V-35s tubs - thanks to Simple Man and coreydelong!

Nice build!!

I cut out a piece of 1/8" luan the same dimension as the shelves. Just place the luan spacer on the shelf, then your tub(s). Place the next shelf on top of the tubs and screw in place.

I agree on the next build I would try to get the heat tape a little more forward.

Thanks

Great build dude. I would recommend some type of spacer. The one I just built is kind of tight and I am already having to give good force to get tubs in and out. I need a hand on the rack and a hand on the tub just to slide in. And if you have an aggressive snake or one that wants to escape it can be tricky without 3 hands.

Sent using Tapatalk.

Thanks

New here... Is there a way to archive this for future reference?

Fast Shadow

Thanks

Looks like no... going to have to save each pic I guess. Thanks for posting this btw.

Fast Shadow

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baba Fett View Post
    Looks like no... going to have to save each pic I guess. Thanks for posting this btw.

Fast Shadow
    You're welcome, Baba Fett. I have a bookmark folder that houses all of the ball-pythons.net pages I don't want to lose track of

Matt

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Just a question, I can't really see it in the picture but, how did you do the heat tape? Was that pretty hard? I've never done it before so haha. And what did you do with the extra heat tape? Did you have to cut it off?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast