Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,871

3 members and 2,868 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks
    I was just wondering if it's possibly to hook up 2 heat pads to normal house thermostats and how it could be accomplished... I'm thinking it would be since there are some people selling them, I just don't know how you'd hook it up. Anyone else know?? Thank ya
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks
    No it would not work... They use line voltage not direct current. Where did u see someone selling home style thermos? And are you talkin about a honeywell or something?
    Just a reptile lover!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts
    If I'm remembering correctly, a few years back Dave Barker @ VPI posted a how-to diagram for modifying home based thermos that you can buy in home depot to work with oil-filled heaters and other AC based non-motorized heat sources. At the time I believe that VPI was using them in their walk-in incubator to incubate all of their eggs that they produce every year with great success. You might want to poke around on www.vpi.com for a contact e-mail and see if this is the case. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Hope this helps.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

being difficult

you have to wire in a transformer to step down to 24 volts to work a residental thermostat. the thermostat needs to operate a relay or contactor that is wired to the heat source. home thermostats have the sensors built in so the thermostat needs to be in the cage or setup. that doesn't sound too good. i have my room heater wired this way to a digital stat but i would not do this for a cage. just by a ranco,johnson controls or a helix or syder robotics thermostat. get it wired to a surge protector with 6 outlets and you can regulate a rack or multiple cages from one thermostat.

thanks
    vaughn
    you can't have just one!

Thanks
    I agree....
    Just a reptile lover!!!!!