Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,048

0 members and 3,048 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

New GA dept. of Ag. vendor license fee (bad news)

One of the show organizers for the Dixie Atlanta show (last weekend) posted the following information on the dixie atlanta FB page. The Ag. dept is going to start charging a $400 fee for out-of-state vendors and this will effect not just reptile shows, but any show involving animals (birds, etc.). This could practically shut-down GA reptile shows all together and has apprently been done in other states with similar effects.
    See quoted text below:
    "After July 1st the Georgia Agriculture Dept. will charge $400 for an annual out of state license. This will most likely shut down the Dixie Atlanta show (26 vendors were from out of state) if we can not work out an equitable agreement with them. Contact Mark Murrah by E-mail at mark.murrah@agr.Georgia.gov .send carbon copy (CC) to coldblooded_novelties@yahoo.com . I want as many e-mails as possible from vendors and customers in state and out sent in hopes of a change in this decision. Please be polite informative and voice a strong opposition to this high license fee. We want to keep doing the Atlanta Dixie Shows. Thanks Terry Heuring"

If this effects you as a vendor or a purchaser, please email the official he mentioned. If we can show an actual negative economic impact, they may be able to reverse or change this decision.
    Thanks!
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks
    Do they charge a fee for in state vendors? Just curious.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I'm curious too.
    "Your absence has gone through me like thread through a needle. Everything I do is stitched with its color."

-W.S. Merwin

Thanks
    Haven't heard anything else about it yet. And, to clarify.. The $400 out-of-state license was always on the books, but they did a one-show exception license for $50. Their insurance (supposedly) is wanting them to do away with that leaving just the $400 license option for out-of-state vendors. They didn't note that anything would change for in-state.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks
    Is this a yearly or monthly show or what? If it's only once or twice a year then I could see this being a major issue. I'm asking because I'm used to the shows in my area being monthly, and while it would still suck, I would think the fee could be absorbed by most regular vendors for a monthly show. But I'm guessing yours must be a once a year show, and that would indeed be an outrageous fee, vendors would never be able to cover that.
    Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Never argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thanks
    Repticon does shows I think 4 times a year in Atlanta, plus they do a show in Savannah (not sure how many times a year). We just had a new show last year (dixie reptile show) and it was better than the repticon shows I've been too, but that show manager said that he won't come back if this is put into place..

Most vendors at GA shows are from out of state and I don't think enough of them would pony up that kind of cash. Which all means that GA people will probably have to start going to shows in other states (AL / SC).
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Question Re: New GA dept. of Ag. vendor license fee (bad news)

That fee is out of this world. Maybe USARK should be notified of this ! Are they already aware?