Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,253

2 members and 3,251 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,534
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Brand New BP owner!

I got my snake from a good breeder on February 3rd. He was originally being fed live mice, and I decided to switch him over to frozen/thawed. I couldn't get him to eat at all for nearly two weeks, and I got scared because his skin was really loose and I could see his spine. I felt so much better when he FINALLY ate on the 16th for the first time. Then I fed him again on the 19th, and he ate it. I picked him up to check him out again on the 22nd, and he felt a lot better-skin wasn't loose, but I could still see his spine a bit (not as bad though). I waited to feed him again until last night, which would be five days from the 19th. He ate that one too.

I've just been really nervous about not getting everything right. I use heat mats and I also use a heat lamp for parts of the day to warm up the ambient temps, except I don't like it because it dries the tank out like crazy. So I typically leave it turned off all night. Is it safe to assume since my snake is finally eating (presumably) regularly that all systems are go?

The one thing I noticed lately is that my snake has started wedging himself between one of his hides and the glass sometimes? I looked this up and it said it was normal, but it looks so odd, haha.

(I feel like such a new mom.)

Thanks
    As long as she is eating she will gain weight. But do need more info on the enclosures temps and what u using to get the temps. For the uth it needs to be regulated by a thermostat. Our it can cause serious burns if it gets to hot.