Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,619

0 members and 2,619 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

What is this, i need help.

Hey everyone,

Last night my Pastel het. Piebald female shed and i noticed she has "white" scales where she used to be yellow/brown.

this all started about a week before she went into shed there where some spots that where lighter in color then what the rest was. Then when she was in shed it was very noticeable that those spots where indeed lighter then scales around those spots.

and now she has shed out it almost seems as if she lost her pigment in those scales.

i looked at the scales very closely and they seem to be ok, smooth and shining nicely.

here are some pic's. i draw black circles around the spots so you know where to look.

and 2 more pictures from her other side.

So what do you guys think this is? should I be concerned? or is this something that can happens every now and then to some individuals?
    YouTube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCue...yj1vBeeIUZVl2Q

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

Thanks
    I can't offer any reasoning as to why I say this because I have no experience with this sort of thing happening. But I personally don't think you need to be worried about it.

Thanks

Re: What is this, i need help.

Some snakes darken/lighten up later in age. My calico has blushing coming in and scales that used to be dark are now much lighter.

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts
    So far as I know, it's not too terribly unusual for color changes to occur at any point in their lifetimes.

Thanks
    hey,

first I would like to thank everyone for their reply's

I know color changes do happen more often but this seems different to me as her overall color is still the same it is just in those spots she changed and it almost seems like she lost pigment or something like that.
    Last edited by ARBallMorphs; 02-07-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ARBallMorphs View Post
    hey,

first I would like to thank everyone for their reply's

I know color changes do happen more often but this seems different to me as her overall color is still the same it is just in those spots she changed and it almost seems like she lost pigment or something like that.
    That's what my calico is doing pretty much. Overall color is the same but some scale splotches are lightening up and changing drastically with each shed.

Thanks
    Hey,

yeah but yours is a Calico and mine isn't haha.

she came from a Piebald to pastel het. Piebald pairing.

so that would mean that if it is Calico ish that it starts with her. The male pastel het. Piebald that i have is her clutch mate and he doesn't have it.

Females;

Males;
    ald

Thanks

I don't think it's necessarily a specific "gene" trait. could be like age spots on us human beings or some of the random "freckles" that pop up.

Thanks
    Yeah, you're right.

maybe it is just that.

I'll keep an eye on it and see how it develops/progresses with her next shed.

thanks

Females;

Males;
    ald

Thanks

Yeah, just watch. Inspect from time to time and make sure they aren't sore spots or blisters/lesions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast