Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,911

5 members and 2,906 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Thread: My new girl...

Thanks
    Picker her up at the VA Captive Bred Reptile Expo last weekend....she's such a doll...I know they say not to handle them until they are at least a few months old, but this 9/07/04 hatching will crawl into my hand when i take her out of her enclosure....EDIT: Just added some new pics:

Now the breeders told me that they never have fed their babies crickets at any time, and that a constant diet of mealworms will suffice. I've been doing this and she eats the mealies, but I'm wondering if I should very what she eats ie. small crickets, waxworms, etc. Anyone had any success on a staple diet of mealworms like the breeders said? (i work at a herp shop and have ready access to anything I need as far as feeders go, so assume availability is not a factor in this)
    -Brad

BPnet Veteran BallPythonBabe448's Avatar
    Thanks
    Try to feed mealwomrs and crickets, because you can't dus the mealworms. Yea, I hold techo too....they are so awesome!!!!!!!!!~
    0.1 Bearded Dragon (Reka)

Thanks
    I have a leo and 2 AFt's. I do vary thier diet. Thier main staple for thier diet is crickets (dusted), but they also get mealies and wax worms too.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    Who said you can't dust mealies? Mine dust perfectly fine. I just put a tad of calcium and vitamins in the bowl and shake it around a bit and everything is covered, and since the powder is in the bowl too, they get a good serving of it when they go to grab the mealies/waxies.

Mine like crickets occassionally, but are usually too darned lazy to go after them. If one walks in front of their faces, that's a different story. You can feed them pretty much anything, waxies are good for fattening them up, just like butterworms. You can wait for some of the mealies to turn into beetles, that's always fun Small lobster roaches, pretty much any insect as long as it's the right size. But anywho, I hope she gets big and fat for you, I know mine sure have LoL :-D
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks
    I have a dish with repcal and mealies in it....she licks up the powder and eats the mealies our of it...so far I have yet to see her actually eat but I've seen her lick the powder up on more than one occaision...so i guess dusting really isn't necessary for now....
    -Brad

Thanks
    Yep, they're super cute. I've decided I must have one. What sold me? Seeing this pic:

Good luck with her! They're so freaking cute with their big alien-like innocent eyes.
    2.0 python regius - Ace(pastel) and Pelota(cross-dresser )

Thanks
    That's a great shot of the first one and your last post Acutally, in that last picture, her head reminds of me the baby from that dinosaur tv show a few years back.. you know "Not the mama"..that one.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959

Thanks
    Acutally, in that last picture, her head reminds of me the baby from that dinosaur tv show a few years back.. you know "Not the mama"..that one.
    It sure does....I have several of those shows taped....

Nice addition Brad!
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.