Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,269

2 members and 3,267 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks

in the mood for love?

I wasn't really gonna try my hand at breeding yet but a few thing are saying give it a go tell me you thoughts.
    after handling butters my male butter (clever what I did with the name hu) I took out my 3000g normal girl out and her tounge was going crazy and she was interested in the sent of him on my hands and when crawling she's off things she is leaving the tip of her tail up like saying look at my fanny. She may have always done this and I'm only noticing now cuz I'm thinking of breeding her now. So they are of age and size but I was gonna wait to get a jigsaw for him but maybe try with her .Neither of them had any plans of breeding but if their ready it could be practice for the big show next season. they have seen eachother before but never been the same enclosure. I put him in a tub and got her out let her crawl around the outside for a min, I don't know what's supposed to happen but they were not afraid of eachother so I put her in the tub they crawled on eachother a tiny bit but mostly ignored eachother as I expected would happen and then butters peed?maybe peed? It was yellow liquid but had white thin tubes of what looked just like poop, but I'm wondering were theses the sperm plugs I hear about and he just got too excited to she her? Is that a thing? They have been solo pets all there lives so this is new to them as well.
    thanks for any tips

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    Interesting engagement.

BTW, I like the name Butters too!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

Joe balls (01-27-2015)

Thanks

Re: in the mood for love?

Did not mean to hit reply. Then went beyond the edit time limit.

Your speculation sounds plausible to me.

Butters also may have been cleaning his pipes to prepare for a clean, pure, deposit.

Similar to the human male. There is a cleaning fluid that flushes the urethra before the semen travels.

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    Did not mean to hit reply. Then went beyond the edit time limit.

Your speculation sounds plausible to me.

Butters also may have been cleaning his pipes to prepare for a clean, pure, deposit.

Similar to the human male. There is a cleaning fluid that flushes the urethra before the semen travels.
    So do you think if I put two virgins together for the first time nature will indeed just take corse that easy or fast?
    Im getting excited at the prospect because until this morning I was gonna wait for my local show in 5 months and get a girl for him for next years season.
    Maybe I'll can bring a cluch of babys to show off

Thanks

I am new to this site, I mean I just registered.

So, how do I open my own thread so I can get some advice?

Ok, for anyone reading this I am stumped and feel pretty stupid and sad. I bought my first bp (pastel male for 200) about a year and a half ago from a pet store (mistake number one) Did most of the research on how to care for him properly AFTER i bought him (mistake 2) Ok so he sheds very well, I use cocohusk for husbandry because it retains moisture. I have him in a 50 gallon terrarium and he had always loved being up high hanging on leaves and branches no matter the temp. K on to my biggest problem. I use an Under tank heater with a high quality thermostat and at its absolute lowest dial the temp of the glass still reads over 100f. This is upsetting because i do not want him to burn, dry out or die. Since I have no access to heat tape today I'm wondering if i should just rip it off throw it away buy another and instead of sticking it right to the glass attaching it to aluminum or something that doesnt melt at high temps and just propping it up under the tank. And he's picky and goes off f/t rats sometimes 4 months at a time. Bought him April almost 2 years ago and was "quoted" that he was "maybe" 6 months old......I'm buying a female mojave spider for 125 today hatched oct 28 eating f/t weekly and I have a 35g tank but no heat source.... I just love bp's and eventually want to breed them. I need some help in this heating issue. I know how lucky ive been that he hasnt been burned, is it better to shut it off altogether? He gets really cold as that is the only heat source and im never ever doing the lamp thing. I live in Winnipeg btw, buying from big box pet stores is dumber than dumb. I know more than people who consider themselves experts. It's sad really but I learned my lesson and take any advice i get with a grain of salt usually. Can they die if they're too cold? And is it ok to stack the tanks on top of eachother?
    Please help if you can, have had issues with heating and figured out a good method that works...
    Thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,948 Posts

Re: I am new to this site, I mean I just registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    So, how do I open my own thread so I can get some advice?
    At the top of the screen, click "Forum". Then select the section that your question/comment/new post fits in. From there, there's a "+Post New Thread" button to start a new thread.
    Find me on Facebook: E.B. Ball Pythons and Instagram: @EBBallPythons

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe balls View Post
    So do you think if I put two virgins together for the first time nature will indeed just take corse that easy or fast?
    Im getting excited at the prospect because until this morning I was gonna wait for my local show in 5 months and get a girl for him for next years season.
    Maybe I'll can bring a cluch of babys to show off
    I have never bred before, so I do know for sure. There is a chance of course, it's Nature!

The odds should increase if either one were replaced with a proven breeder.

I bet some breeders will chime in with sage advice.

i bet this is exciting!