Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,127

1 members and 2,126 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Uromistyx pick up

Got this little guy from my cousins kid as he was no longer interested in him. Not sure on what kida uro it is but i got him all set up in a 60 gallon with a basking spot of 115+ and 3 hides hot middle and cool side. And picked uo some organic spring mix salad and he has eaten already. Also they didnt have uvb for him but would take him out in the sun once a week. Well i have a 4foot uvb 10.0 that runs the length of the enclosure. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thanks

Re: Uromistyx pick up

He was really dul when i brought him home and put im in his new enclosure with the uvb and proper basking temp and the oranges are super bright now. And he is running all over the place. Super excited to see this guy happy.

Thanks

He's very cute
    1.0 normal ball python (Atticus)
    2.0 cats (Amos and Adam)
    1.0 boyfriend (Alex)

Thanks
    It looks like a red Mali uro. I have a yellow Mali, and she's a trip. Your setup looks good too. Make sure you keep up with those uvb bulbs. I lost my first uro because I wasn't told that the bulbs stop producing uvb effectively over time. I use mercury vapor bulbs, or mvb, for my heat and uvb. It cuts down on how many fixtures I have to move around to get to her.

As for food, supplement the greens with lentil beans as well. Don't feed too many insects, as the carapace is hard for uros to digest properly. I give mine a few meal worms once a week and she flips out when she sees them.

Thanks

Ya i think he is a geyri and ya i just had that 4 foot zoo med layin around from my past beardie. Ya i learned when i had him that the uvbs need replacing every year. When i get paid i will get a new bulb only used it about 6 months then its sat for idk almost a year with no use... so better safe than sorry. As for food. Idk if i will ever feed insects... still deciding been researching a lot. Will just stick to organic spring mix and some veggies and maybe some food pellets also. Now should i dust with calcium or d3 or both and how many times a week?

Thanks
    If you feed a balanced diet, there is no need to supplement with any other powders.