Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,028

0 members and 3,028 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

Thread: Baby Leo Eating

Thanks
    I picked up a baby leo at the Va captive bred reptile show, she's been a doll so far- a little nippy when it comes to handling but otherwise seems to be settling in very well.

Question: How much do baby leos tend to eat? I left 3 mealworms in her dish last night, and they were all gone this morning. Do I need to give her more? Do they only eat at night? I've seen her walk right over them during the daytime and she ignored them completely.

Background: I use an overhead lamp which keeps the warm side at around 85 degrees when my room temp is at 68-70, paper towel substrate, and a hide on both ends. She licks Repcal powder from another dish too. She hangs around on the warm side mostly.
    -Brad

Thanks
    In my geckos rubbermaid, the hot side is more around 90, and this is maintained with a full-spectrum light(which really isn't needed) and a human heating pad. They pretty much spend equal amounts of time on each side. I have a juvi and an adult. I leave about 12 or so mealworms in(6 for each) and 4 waxworms(2 for each) in their bowl with calcium powder. All but maybe one mealie are gone in the morning. Mine will eat out of my fingers, the adult more than the juvi. The juvi is so funny, I pet him and he raises his head and his tail, thinking he's all big and bad. Little goober. He's also starting to shed for the 3rd time, and I've only had him for maybe a month. They really do grow fast
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite