Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,795

0 members and 2,795 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran Slowcountry Balls's Avatar
    Thanks

Fun with a New Lnes

Using my new lens that lets me get some wider angled shots. I think I'm really going to like this lens for pictures of adults and multiple snakes.

My 2 color changing Orangebellies:

A 2013 and 2014 Congo Fire next to each other

Some of a cool clutch from a male Mystic to a female Pastel Enchi

A Super Stripe and an Orangebelly Mojave

Some Graphite Ivory Males

A 2013 Firefly

a 2012 Pastel Orangebelly

A comparison shot of an Albino, a normal, a Hypo and what I think is a Caramel Albino

Some Pastel Calicos (a 2012, 2013, and 2014)

A male Cinnamon Yellowbelly Paint

A 2014 Mystic Potion

A 2014 Super Mystic

Some more cool 2014 hatchlings

Hope you guys enjoy!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slowcountry Balls For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (01-24-2015),PeterPieBaldPython (01-25-2015),se7en (01-24-2015),The Golem (01-11-2015)

Thanks
    Cool shots. I'm curious, is that a white background the snakes are on? Are you using any ambient lighting in addition to your flash? If not, I think a couple remote lights would really make the colors pop.

Im not saying this to criticize, im just interested in photography.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeSilver For This Useful Post:

Slowcountry Balls (01-10-2015)

Thanks

Re: Fun with a New Lnes

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSilver View Post
    Cool shots. I'm curious, is that a white background the snakes are on? Are you using any ambient lighting in addition to your flash? If not, I think a couple remote lights would really make the colors pop.

Im not saying this to criticize, im just interested in photography.
    Yes, it is a white background . I'm not using my flash. I'm using the setup in link below with the canvas background switched for a white one and the addition of a piece of acrylic under the cloth to give a hard surface for the snakes to be placed on.

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...-New-Light-Kit

I underexposed the pictures a little by using a smaller aperture (f5.6 or so) in order to increase the depth of field. I could have corrected the exposure a little more in Photoshop Elements 8, but I would rather the pictures be a little underexposed than washed out. I'm just starting to get into photography and am playing around to learn more.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Slowcountry Balls For This Useful Post:

PeterPieBaldPython (01-25-2015)

Thanks
    Wow, that's a cool setup. Do you have everything illuminated when you shoot? For my taste, I would make sure you're getting a vibrant white from the background. You may have to adjust your ISO down or go to a lower f-stop to achieve that, the latter giving you a shorter DOF, which I understand you don't want.

Really cool project, I'm excited to see how the photos progress.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeSilver For This Useful Post:

Slowcountry Balls (01-10-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSilver View Post
    Wow, that's a cool setup. Do you have everything illuminated when you shoot? For my taste, I would make sure you're getting a vibrant white from the background. You may have to adjust your ISO down or go to a lower f-stop to achieve that, the latter giving you a shorter DOF, which I understand you don't want.

Really cool project, I'm excited to see how the photos progress.
    Thanks. I shoot with all the lights on. I know the white is coming out a little blue, but the colors of the snakes are pretty close to the real life colors. I tried adjusting the exposure in Photoshop Elements 8 and that started to wash the pictures out and back the colors a little too bright. I also tried to add a color correction layer and set the background to white and it made the colors go way too bright. I'll keep playing with it, but I really feel that, while the back ground isn't as white as I would like it, the colors of the snakes are pretty accurate.

Thanks
    So, I took these with 2 lights off on a side (I was given the advise of having a little less light on one side so as to help create a sense of depth with just a little shadow) and used the WhiBal card to create a custom white balance. I think they came out well.

2013 Male Graphite Ivory 1

2013 Male Graphite Ivory 2

2014 Female Orangebelly Mojave

2014 Female Super Stripe

Hope you guys enjoy!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Slowcountry Balls For This Useful Post:

PeterPieBaldPython (01-25-2015)

Thanks
    Took some more photographs today. Here are the 3 Ivories from this year:

I am wondering if any of these 3 Ivories will turn into Graphite Ivories like their 2 half brothers from 2013.

Here are the Super Mystics that all came from the same clutch:

And a 2014 Female Super Pastel Calico

How about a 2014 Female Mystic Potion with a disappearing and reappearing dorsal stripe:

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slowcountry Balls For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (01-24-2015),goddessbaby (01-24-2015),PeterPieBaldPython (01-25-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 711 Posts
    the mystic potion is the best looking one, but i would love one of those congo fires

15. The Following User Says Thank You to se7en For This Useful Post:

Slowcountry Balls (01-24-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se7en View Post
    the mystic potion is the best looking one, but i would love one of those congo fires
    Thanks. Check out the Available Snakes photograph album on our Facebook page, you'll find those 2 and more are available.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

honestly your orangebelly mojave is a stunner, not saying the fire congo project you got is just the top of the iceberg. i love your big pastel calico as well. but i can t see the caramel albino...
    1.0 superstripe, killerbee, OD spider fire, black pastel YB, black specter, pastel dinker, spider dinker, banana, banana cinnamon, enchi fire OD, fire dream bee het. russo, pastel superstripe, 2.0 firefly dream YB.

0.2 superpastel yb, 0.2 enchi, 0.1 yellowbelly 0.2 cinnamon, 0.2 normal, 0.1 black widow, black pewter, fire, lemon pastel, pastel, black pastel, bumblebee, spider granite, het. russo, super pastel, pastel specter, specter,lesser pin, OD, fire OD, OD fire het. russo, OD pastel, firefly dream YB, fire bee het. russo, lemon pastel enchi, citrus super enchi, super pastel enchi, pastel ivory, bumblebee dinker

18. The Following User Says Thank You to darkranger69 For This Useful Post:

Slowcountry Balls (01-24-2015)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast