Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,494

1 members and 3,493 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Re: Thought I'd better introduce myself as things seem to be a bit shaky .

Well I won't be frequenting the LIVE feeding threads so I've taken the main issue out of the equation . I spent many, many hours worrying and fretting after things got a bit heated the other day as I actually hate any kind of ill feeling .

Part of the problem started when someone said something about me having a big brain and they were clearly being sarcastic judging by the tone of their post. Another guy suggested in a PM that I was a fool for having my beliefs on feeding . Things like that tend to make me get a little tetchy ...... I never try to start a battle but I certainly won't run from one either .
    Last edited by Zincubus; 04-07-2015 at 01:43 PM.

Thanks
    I was bored so I spent about 5 minutes flipping through some of the posts you have made and already see why things are a "bit shakey". Everyone has already pointed it out to you so there is no need to dive into that anymore, but honestly this thread that you created seems like you are looking for people to go "aww he really is a nice guy" etc. Anyone can create a thread and apologize/justify their actions. A change in attitude will speak louder than you talking about yourself. Just my 2 cents.
    SNAKES
    1.0 Childrens Python
    LIZARDS
    0.1 B&W Tegu, 1.0 Bearded Dragon, 1.1 IJ Blue Tongue Skinks
    FROGS
    0.0.5 Dendrobates tinctorius 'Citronella'
    DOGS
    1.0 German Sherherd (Timber), 1.0 Wolf/Shepherd (Sabre), 1.0 Chihuahua (Taz), 0.1 Chihuahua (Penny), 0.1 Pitbull (Luna)

Thanks

Thought I'd better introduce myself as things seem to be a bit shaky .

Quote Originally Posted by jclaiborne View Post
    I was bored so I spent about 5 minutes flipping through some of the posts you have made and already see why things are a "bit shakey". Everyone has already pointed it out to you so there is no need to dive into that anymore, but honestly this thread that you created seems like you are looking for people to go "aww he really is a nice guy" etc. Anyone can create a thread and apologize/justify their actions. A change in attitude will speak louder than you talking about yourself. Just my 2 cents.
    Fair points .... although you notice I started this thread about 3 months ago ..... nothing to do with the recent eruptions ...

As to a change in attitude ..... maybe difficult as I will never change my stance on live feeding ..... as an Autistic Aspie I'm kinda " wired up" differently than you "normal" folk and so if something riles me I maybe select the wrong wordings or phrases to make a point. Also as I mentioned , if someone antagonises me I rarely back down. I'd also bet many of my ' suspect' posts were written in the early hours or very late in the evening when I wasn't thinking quite as rationally as I should .
    Last edited by Zincubus; 04-07-2015 at 07:16 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vypyrz View Post

It looks like you have a nice collection...
    Thanks , I'm up 18 now as I've recently added a beautiful female adult Blizzard Corn snake ...

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Well I won't be frequenting the LIVE feeding threads so I've taken the main issue out of the equation . I spent many, many hours worrying and fretting after things got a bit heated the other day as I actually hate any kind of ill feeling .

Part of the problem started when someone said something about me having a big brain and they were clearly being sarcastic judging by the tone of their post. Another guy suggested in a PM that I was a fool for having my beliefs on feeding . Things like that tend to make me get a little tetchy ...... I never try to start a battle but I certainly won't run from one either .
    Staring off, IF someone is attacking you privately that is a battle for one of us MODs to handle.
    That is something that is sad and cowardly, IF they had to PM it then they know its something that shouldn't have been said in the first place.

Second, you have to be armed to stand in the battle. Im not going to has it up here but I am just trying to get the point into your thick head that if you have no experience with it then you have no credibility talking about it. You don't see me posting about thermo quantum physics for a reason, I am just plain white trash redneck and proud of it.

As far as hurting another animal, you should really look at how those f/t are made. Im not just talking about the kill either.

There are no "ill feelings" here. This is part of a job here for the members and I don't take anyone here that I do not personally know to heart.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

Citrus (04-20-2015)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    Staring off, IF someone is attacking you privately that is a battle for one of us MODs to handle.
    That is something that is sad and cowardly, IF they had to PM it then they know its something that shouldn't have been said in the first place.

Second, you have to be armed to stand in the battle. Im not going to has it up here but I am just trying to get the point into your thick head that if you have no experience with it then you have no credibility talking about it. You don't see me posting about thermo quantum physics for a reason, I am just plain white trash redneck and proud of it.

As far as hurting another animal, you should really look at how those f/t are made. Im not just talking about the kill either.

There are no "ill feelings" here. This is part of a job here for the members and I don't take anyone here that I do not personally know to heart.
    You see , you've just referred to my " thick head " .... that's kinda the thing that I was talking about and the type of comment that winds me up especially that considering my tested IQ - the comment couldn't be more incorrect .

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

You see , you've just referred to my " thick head " .... that's kinda the thing that I was talking about and the type of comment that winds me up especially that considering my tested IQ - the comment couldn't be more incorrect .
    Maybe you need to learn the meaning of some common phrases first.......................
    Take it how you want but you are hardheaded and STUBORN.
    Im done trying to get on level ground with you.
    For some reason all you want to do is bump heads and I can promise you that mine is a lot harder.

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

So you don't like that, but you have no problem starting things off telling everyone they are unreasonable, wrong, insensible, barbaric, and you'd have to lower yourself to do things they do like feed live?
    It is okay to use pine bedding for snakes.
    It is okay to feed live food to snakes.

Thanks

Being thick-headed has nothing to do with intelligence; it has to do with you not getting a point when others have explicitly explained it to you and continuing to say/do something when you've been given evidence to the contrary. It means you're stubborn, not stupid.

If you really are bothered by the negative commentary as much as you say you are and legitimately can't understand why your comments come off as judgmental, then maybe you should just stay away from live-feeding threads. I'm not trying to tell you you can't comment on them or anything like that, just that it sounds like you'd be happier if you didn't since you can't seem to find a happy medium of expressing yourself in a way that this community finds acceptable on that issue.
    3.0 Thamnophis sirtalis,
    1.1 Thamnophis cyrtopsis ocellatus
    0.1 Python regius
    1.0 Litorea caerulea
    0.1 Ceratophrys cranwelli
    0.1 Terrapene carolina
    0.1 Grammostola rosea
    0.1 Hogna carolinensis
    0.0.1 Brachypelma smithi

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DVirginiana For This Useful Post:

Running Elk (04-09-2015)

BPnet Senior Member Lizardlicks's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 657 Posts
    Oh for god....

My Daughter is autistic, eight of my best friends are on the spectrum, and most of them have told me that I have aspie traits enough that I should consider going to get a formal diagnosis. Absolutely none of that prevents me or them from carefully considering reasoned stances and adding new points of view to our assessment matrix. Please, don't use your diagnosis as a way to excuse being a condescending jerk, it makes the rest of us look bad.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lizardlicks For This Useful Post:

200xth (04-08-2015),AmandaJ (04-09-2015),anicatgirl (04-08-2015),HVani (04-08-2015),jclaiborne (04-08-2015)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast