Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,542

2 members and 3,540 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

first herp - fire bp

Hey all

After a lot of research I've jumped into the world of herps and bought a male fire BP whom I've named Mushu. Very calm and active little guy. Even in a loud store he never balled up on me once, was very active exploring me. As you can see in one picture he crawled straight up my body and hung out on my shoulder for awhile.

Maiden release into his new home. He needed some encouragement, was going the opposite way at first.

Doing a lap of his new home, didn't appear stressed from the travel home.
    Last edited by trailblazer295; 01-04-2015 at 03:30 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to trailblazer295 For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (01-12-2015)

Thanks
    Very cute. Looks like he is going to have a great home!

BPnet Senior Member AlexisFitzy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,712 Times in 1,512 Posts

Re: first herp - fire bp

He's a beautiful fire! Hot hot hot lol. Thanks for sharing, he's going to enjoy his new home

Thanks
    Thanks, I've already ordered him a new larger one. Current is a 24x24x12, ordered a 48x24x16. Decided to buy a childrens python for his old cage. He is a champ has eaten every week since I bought him. First 2 days after coming home and every week since. Always calm when I hold him and needs encouragement to go back in his cage just hangs out on my hand.

Thanks

A few new shots with my buddy hanging out watching movies.

Last edited by trailblazer295; 01-16-2015 at 02:04 AM.
    1.0 Fire Ball Python (Mushu)

Thanks
    I love the picture of his head sticking out of your jacket. Absolutely gorgeous fire!!!
    1.0 Pinstripe - Nagini

Thanks

His new home, his old home didn't seem big enough and considering his full grown size and the fact is always calm and active when I hold him and explores I wanted to buy him something bigger. 48x24x16 made locally by herphouses. A childrens python will take his old home. A pro products rhp has made his activity level in his cage increase, he is out exploring more often. He fed a few days after moving him.

Last edited by trailblazer295; 02-06-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Thanks

His new home, his old home didn't seem big enough and considering his full grown size and the fact is always calm and active when I hold him and explores I wanted to buy him something bigger. 48x24x16 made locally by herphouses. A childrens python will take his old home. A pro products rhp has made his activity level in his cage increase, he is out exploring more often. He fed a few days after moving him.

Thanks

An update on Mushu. He is doing well, still eating like a champ and gaining weight steadily last weigh in was around 550g.

I sadly had to move him to the store to be babysat for a month (another story) but due to changes of things he is back home. The guy at the store told me he was eating like a champ. I know balls are notorious for going off feed etc but he has eaten consistently all winter long. I'm very happy with my selection of him. I had a feeling when looking at him. I must have looked at half a dozen if not more juvie balls of different morphs in a rack system at the store. He was the only one who didn't cower away and ball up when slid the tub out and looked at him but actually stretched out towards me staring right at me each time I looked at him. I had to scare him to pull his head back inside the tub so he wouldn't be hurt. I held him and he didn't ball, just moved around. The times I've held him since owning him he will often stare right into my eyes face to face and flick his tongue against the end of my nose. Never bitten me, tried to or done anything against me. My cat could hardly care less. First few times I held him she looked straight past him at me because she probably wanted attention. She once got close enough and just gave him a sniff and sat down. Now I don't let the two interact but she can't be bothered and is just nosy and has to sniff everything and he seemed fine.

Mushu back home.

His current cage ish, some of the decor has been re arranged.

The first night he was back home.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Thumbs up Re: first herp - fire bp

Fantastic looking fire bp. He is lucky to have you as his caretaker. It seems as if he makes you extremely happy and vice versa. All to often new herpers are having a difficult time with one thing or another. It's great that all your care of him has been smooth sailing. Great story and keep us posted. Great pics also and keep up the good work with him.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast