Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,425

6 members and 1,419 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    Ok day 1 and 2 went great with me and Zeus my new sumatran. Today was a different story he was real pissy and tried biting me several times. Is he jsut going to have bad days ? I put him back and he tried 3 times to get me through the glass I had to get up from my PC and leave the room to let him calm down. I totaly understand he isnt going to be like a BP anytime soon but some basic taming tips would be nice my JCP let me hold him for about 20min with no attempts to hit me...least not until my daughter ran into the room and PO'd him. (2nd time some else PO'd him and he bit me go figure )

Thanks
    Spend a little bit of time with him every day. Baby bloods are notoriously defensive snakes & extremely prone to biting. Wear gloves if you have to. Basically what you're trying to accomplish is getting the snake to understand that you're not going to eat him. Usually a month of gentle, consistent handling on non-feed days is all it takes to get a baby blood to calm down, and well worth the effort.

K
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

Thanks

bite

Thanks for the tips K- he nipped at me once this morning when I held him but was cool the rest of the time held him for about 10min before putting him back in his tank. Will work with him every day to get him used to me.
    -Sean
    Mazdaspeed 3, yeah its silly fast!

Thanks

hatchling enclosure size

Does it hurt. :?
    There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is in having lots to do and not doing it.
    1.1 Ball Pythons (Schurke & Sage)
    0.1 Chilean Rose Tarantula (Artemis)
    0.1 Blood Python (Clover)

Thanks
    in a word yes, bloods hurt and draw blood even as babies. Well it hurts alot more that a BP its size, I have him pretty good now I can handle him with out getting bite now he jsut hiss's when pissed or he has had enough so I jsut let him down. I also tap on the glass before picking him up jsut in case he was sleeping. O a side note I have a story to go along with him now.

Well I have a 3 y/o little girl (human hehe) and alyssa is very smart if she sees somthing once she learns how to do it well she know knows how to take the clips off my blood tank (well all the tank but the blood is/was the only one she could reach). Well 3 days ago she comes into the living room saying daddy im holding your snake. Now she say this all he time and up to this point has always jsut had one of her fake rubber snakes. Well this time she has my blood wrapped around her hand I almsot freaked but got hold of myself not wanting her to get bite. I told her to go put him back in the tank. she did and all was cool. There is something about her and animals she can tame even the craziest animal.
    -Sean

Thanks
    THREE YEARS OLD - that would jar me a little more than it did you to say the least!

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks
    its funny animals really take a liking to her or really trust her, for one she knows no fear of them so she shows no fear to them I think that is a huge advatage over us adults that know what its like to get bite.
    -Sean