Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,884

2 members and 2,882 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I have 2 females and one male in a 125 gal tank. The male and 1 feamle have been together for a while and i decided to add another female. She is bigger than the male, he is around 9 months and she is 18 months. He is showing all the signs of mating ( head bobing, black beard etc ) and had even bitten the bigger females neck. However there is a problem, the big female wants nothing to due with him. This is setting me back a bit and am in a bit of a tizzy becuase im not sure what to do. Does any one have any comments or advice to give me on how to get the female " in the mood"

thanks

Chris

Thanks
    Mating in captivity is one of those things that requires alot of the owners attention. You have already noticed that the female is not interested in your males attempts. That could be several reasons 1. she just isnt interested to mate right now in the wild BD mate around 3 years of age 2. the male is still a little young and my not be able to mate and the female may know this. The key will be to watch for any signs of stress on the female. Also what age is your other Female ? BDs can be sexualy mature around 12 months but it is not recomended for a female to become gravid until she is atleast 18months old.
    -Sean
    Mazdaspeed 3, yeah its silly fast!