Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,035

1 members and 3,034 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Horse Racing

Thanks
    Today has been a good day! I have won a few bets and have some more to look forward to currently.

Even better, Balthazar King is doing very well. Confirmed broken ribs and some pretty nasty bruising, but no internal bleeding or any other injuries of note. Hope he will come out of this as great a horse as he was before!

Also, Robbie McNamara is recovering very well after surgery on his spinal injuries! This is great news, providing the after care is okay, he will be good to race again!

My horse has a race coming up, got an eye on 5 races that we can enter him in. First ever run, will be nice to get him on the track and see what he can do!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I own:
    1.0 Reduced Normal Ball Python [Peter]
    0.1 Harlequin Crestie [Amelia]

The other half owns:
    1.0 Orange Dalmatian Crestie [Archie]
    0.1 Golden Dalmatian Crestie [Banana]

Thanks

Re: Horse Racing

Well. We have had the trials for the two big races coming up, not too sure what anyone has really learned from it.

Tiggy Wiggy, a star over the sprint distances as a two year old was moved up to 7 furlongs to see if she could go further an possibly compete in the 1000 guineas. She was third, was coming back at the front two in the end, so maybe a mile will suit.

The 2000 guineas is wide open, I am a big fan of Ivawood, and he has won me some money too. He also came third in the 2000 guineas try out but hey, it was a seasonal reappearance so we will let it slide.

The last week of AP McCoy's career is drawing up. He has been doing interviews left right and centre. Will be strange not seeing his name in the racecard or in his normal spot, glued to the top of the Champion jockey standings! Will be a sad day at Sandown, his last race. Can't really believe it to be honest, but everyone has their day, and he was lucky enough to get his through choice and not injury or worse.

Hopefully he doesn't take a tumble in these coming days and can retire in peace!

Edit: Balthazar King, the horse who got clattered by another in the National is doing fine. 4 broken ribs so he is uncomfortable but getting on well, out to grass and walking fine. Great news!
    Last edited by George1994; 04-21-2015 at 02:39 PM.
    I own:

The other half owns:

Thanks
    Okay! The Conditional Jockey Championship is heating up! As of right now, Sean Bowen is on 46 and Nico De Boinville is on 43. Hopefully both will attend Sandown Park on Saturday and finish of their little feud there!

Sean is only 17, unreal that he has hit nearly 50 over the jumps at that age! He has a bright career in front of him! Nico Has had 20 less rides than him however, mainly due to being 2nd choice behind Barry Geraghty, but he has had his time to shine since Barry broke a leg recently.

Some pundits are calling AP McCoy the greatest sportsman ever... I thought it was a stretch but 'To be at the top of his profession for over 20 years and yet to undergo the injuries and falls, I think generations to come will look back and say there has never been anyone like AP McCoy.'

That is pretty impressive. 20 years champion jockey, hundreds of horrific injuries, and over 4,350 winners over jumps... When the next closest hasn't even topped 3,000 yet! That is very special!

I really doubt we will see another... He is a true legend.

I own:

The other half owns:

Thanks
    Yesterday was a sad day. AP was very obviously upset walking into the 3rd place spot in his final race! He did say he was crying behind the goggle crossing the line and you can understand why! 25 years of his life, spent bleeding and sweating for the sport he loved!

16,000 rides, 4,348 wins, an estimated 1,000 falls! Incredible stats! If you do not follow the sport it may not sink into you how incredible of a person he is! It is going to be so incredibly strange looking at a racecard and NOT seeing AP at the top!

He is in my opinion, one of the greatest sportsmen to have ever lived. His level of dedication is unrivaled, his passion is unmatched! I hope to see him in a position of power soon, be it trainer or pundit! Words can't really express how much of a loss he is to racing. He has played a hugeeee part in its popularity in the UK, his last day sold out Sandown Park, just to see him turn up! I don't really know what to say.. Apart from WATCH THESE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUSejn6im44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12M7lu4K5mM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPK6XsWgQiE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0xbT81CYTk

Mountain Tunes and Tony McCoy! Now launching a tremendous attack on the outside! HE'S DONE IT! What a Hero, What a sportsman, What a jockey! 4,000 up for AP McCoy!

I will never, ever forget that moment! Thanks for the trip AP x

I own:

The other half owns:

Thanks
    I doubt any has followed this, but I enjoyed doing it haha! It has been an awfully long time since I last updated it.

Much has changed! Jumps have stopped, ground is too hard to be safe, so we are well underway with the flat!

Two horses have emerged as the best around! Golden Horn and Gleneagles!

Golden Horn is a stunning horse and well deserved of his success! He is going for the Coral Eclipse at Sandown Park on Saturday, and I cannot wait to watch him do what he does best!

Wonderful for his jockey too, Frankie Dettori, known the world over and has now got his career back on track again! Banned for 6 months after a positive Cocaine test, not riding much and when he was riding, it was never a winner! Such a great character to have back in the spotlight and back in the winners enclosure!

Fun time Frankie is back for good!

I will keep this short, as far too much has gone by now, I will try keep on top of it again.

Here are the best races of the year so far:

Investec Derby: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eygquDTqRHo

2000 Guineas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVQF_Md-dLU

1000 Guineas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuuDtiLACdY

Northumberland Plate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMrygLrJhdw
    I own:

The other half owns:

Thanks
    Awful news.

The horse who started it all for me, Kauto Star has had to be put to sleep.

Last Wednesday, in the paddock where he is currently being retrained for dressage, he suffered a fall and broke some vertebrae and his pelvis. He was treated at the Veterinary hospital nearby, but the decision was taken by his owner today, at 9am to put his to sleep. He had deteriorated over the week and was likely to never be able to walk again, after the back/neck injury. This is something that is just not possible for a horse.

Here he is (Near side, Green/Yellow spotted silks) doing what he does best!

The horse who set numerous records, 16 grade ones over fences, 2 Gold Cup wins, 5 King Georges, 4 Betfair Chases! All of these successes along with the Tingle Creek make him racing's poster boy! Wins over 2 Miles all the way up to 3 1/4 Miles, this horse had it all! I have posted multiple times about him, I cannot express to you what he means to me and many other who follow racing. Honestly devastated about this.

I take great pride in part owning his nephew, a horse who also bears the instantly recognisable Kauto name! Kauto Riko!

RIP Kauto Star, you won't be forgotten.
    I own:

The other half owns:

7. The Following User Says Thank You to George1994 For This Useful Post:

Chkadii (06-30-2015)

Thanks
    Golden Horn does it again! This horse is so incredible. One of the best flat horses I have ever seen, and it makes it even better that Frankie Dettori is riding him and John Gosden is training him! The trainer who gave the jockey his first wins, now reunited on the back of 3 grade 1 successes in a row! The owner has said that Golden Horn will be retired at the end of the year. This is a real shame. He is horse that has great potential as a 4yo. Problem is, the stud value of these horses is so high right now, if he loses on race then that could be £25k wiped off his stud fee in one race. Even worse, god forbid the horse get injured!

Here he is, in his famous colours, being chased home by The Grey Gatsby, who showed what a class horse he was! Very brave, lasted very long under a clever ride by Jamie Spencer!

Word on the street is Golden Horn will now be rested and will go to the Prix De L'arc De Triomphe, and try to stop Treve from winning it a record 3 times!
    I own:

The other half owns:

Thanks
    Bit of an update! Golden Horn is now rated 130 by the BHA! This is only the second time in history a horse has reached this rating as a 3yo, and that was the best horse in history.

Frankel.

Golden Horn probably has two races left in, the King George and the Prix De L'arc De Triomphe, providing the ground suits on both occasions!

As he currently stands, he is the highest rated horse in the world, he is even 2lbs heavier than American Triple Crown hero, American Pharaoh. His rating will progress if he does well over the next two races, but I cant see him doing any better than 135, far from Frankels 140 rating. I personally don't think there is any doubt that he is the best horse in the world, and he has been a pleasure to watch these past two years!

I own:

The other half owns:

Thanks

Thumbs down

Has been far too long since I updated this...

Jump racing is well underway. And one of the prime jumps meetings is only a few days away. The Christmas Festival at Kempton Park! Some real juicy Grade 1's up for grabs here! The King George... Can Conti win it 3 years in a row? Probably not. Well beaten by Cue Card in the Betfair Chase at Haydock in Nov. So happy to see Cue Card firing again. As sad as it was seeing the colours of Silivinaco Conti lowered at Haydock, I am so happy it was by Cue Card... Does Cue Card Stand a chance in the King George? I'd say a similar chance as Conti does.

Now onto the favourites. The Irish raiders. Don Cossack and Vautour. I don't subscribe to Vautour. Jumps right, jumps poor and I think he will be found out here. I've been wrong in the past, but I am firm in my belief of this. Don Cossack, he needs to beat a field like this to be considered as good as he is. Don't think much of the Irish string if I am honest. And if Smad Place shows up in the mood he di at Newbury for the Hennessy Gold cup then none of them will pass him. That performance was astonishing. Against a good field too, Bobs Worth, Saphir Du Rheu, Fingal Bay, The Giants Bolster, Houblon Des Obeaux. He ran from the front, jumped like a demon and stayed on... Brave ride form Wayne Hutchinson. He is such a striking horse, I felt so much emotion as he jumped the last and kept on. Amazing day!

Find me a better looking horse than that! Memories of Desert Orchid? Oh yes!

Then the Christmas Hurdle. Faugheen. Not the same air of brilliance as previously seen. He has been defeated. Nicholls Canyon tucked him in with great determination. Faugheen did nothing wrong, just met a better horse on the day! I have no doubt that Willie will have him in better shape now than a month ago, but this is against a good field. The New One, who I cannot believe that Sam Twisotn-Davies has given his ride up on, Old Guard, the horse Sam has chosen to ride. It is between them three really, don't see Hargam or Sign Of A Victory coming close.

Should be an excellent days racing.

Real shame about Coneygree getting that injury for the season. That was another balls to the wall front runner with no fear. Sad he won't be fit in time to defend his Gold Cup crown!

Also, a special mention to a true Racehorse. Red Cadeaux. Globe Trotter, Australian hero, Fan favourite. Excellent horse, such a sad end to an excellent and decorated career. So sorry for the connections of the horse, and a big thanks to the vets for the work they did. Real shame it ended how it did.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345