Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,167

1 members and 3,166 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BRB Humid Hide

Thanks

Re: BRB Humid Hide

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    In the past, I've kept BRBs on a complete bed of living moss which was replaced with new whenever it was required .
    I had a viv set up with half dry orchid bark and half damp moss but I noticed that the he never EVER went anywhere near the dry half so I slowly changed it to 100% living moss . The BRB spend all day UNDER the moss and the evening on top of the miss and climbing in the branches .
    I shudder when I see BRBs is dry set-ups and a damp hide
    How often did you have to replace it? And how did you keep the moss alive? I figure I'll just use a moisture-holding substrate to keep humidity up, but offer a humid hide regardless. It'd be really neat to have the living moss substrate and have it be sustaining, i.e. not have to replace it. Seems like a waste of a plant. I tried to keep moss in a terrarium and repeatedly killed it, so it doesn't seem possible for me.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

BRB Humid Hide

It used to last about 6 weeks , all green and lush but it would gradually fade and need replacing . Luckily it's readily found in nearby woods . I think it was simply not enough light tbh .
    It was on a bed of plantain soil / or his bark and watered if every couple of days . The BRB always looked amazing incidentally .

As I said I never understand why they say after a year old they don't need do much moisture !!? They live in feckin RAIN FORESTS !!
    Last edited by Zincubus; 11-22-2014 at 09:05 PM. Reason: error

Thanks

Re: BRB Humid Hide

Quote Originally Posted by KMG View Post
    BRBs do not need very high temps like some but I never let mine get lower than 75. If it were me I would offer the uth with the chance of the temps dropping as low as 72. My BRB hardly ever uses his uth area but its there when he needs it and it has been used. I try to provide target ambient and hotspot temps but if your not wanting to use a lamp I would say a uth is a must.

Of course it should only be used with a good tstat.

Hi dear kmg,
    Can you help me about how should be my brb humidity level?
    And anything helpful because it is my first shake and i am so nervous about him or her!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12