Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 973

3 members and 970 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks
    I finally decided that a corn isnt the right snake for me. My corn is nice looking but it isnt really what I wanted, but it was what I could afford at the time. Now I want the first snake I thought about, a Ball Python. I have a golden gecko and an albino corn snake that im trading for a ball. Is this a fair trade? The guy at the petstore said that is a pretty much an equal trade. Is there any preffrence on the sex of a ball python?
    Mike

Thanks
    I'm not sure if it's a fair trade or not. Not too familiar with the gecko. All I know is the average price for a corn snake is around 30 dollars I think. And the average price for a ball python is 50-60 dollars. So do the math I guess, lol. I'd say to avoid the pet store though. They tend to have sick snakes, mite infested snakes, or wild caught snakes. Then they'll lie to you and say they're a perfectly healthy captive bred specimen. So unless you're comfortable and know and trust your pet store, I'd find a good breeder.

As for any preference between male and female ball pythons, there isn't much difference. Only real difference is size. A male will average out at 3-4 feet. And females will average 4-5. It's really up to you which you'd like. Or you can do what I did, and choose your bp for looks and personality rather than sex. I picked out my bp from the breeders site, then she told me it was a female. I said "thats fine".

Good luck with the whole thing.
    2.0 python regius - Ace(pastel) and Pelota(cross-dresser )

Thanks
    I'd consider that a pretty fair trade if it's a good, healthy cbb ball python.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!