Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,188

0 members and 1,188 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Happy Birthday to me!

So I just turned 22 this last Sunday, and as a birthday gift to myself I went and purchased three lovely ladies, including a proven normal girl. The other two were a cinnamon yearling and a het albino yearling, both a little over 400 grams. No official weight on the big girl as she didn't much want to be still, but my best guess puts her over 2000 grams. I'm very excited about this, since I'm hoping this means I can think about breeding here in a few months. I still have a lot to do before I can introduce the two snakes I'm wanting (lesser spider x normal will be my first pairing), including letting my new snakes settle and come out of quarantine, getting an incubator and baby snake rack together, and just generally waiting for my stars to align.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an incubator, or should I just try my hand at making one? I'm obviously not in a super rush right now, but I'd still like to have everything prepared for when breeding can take place. Also, about how long is a good time to wait? I was thinking maybe late December or up to February to wait to pair, but is that too soon?

I have some pictures of them, but all except the cinnamon didn't want to sit still for very long.

Top image is Miranda, my big normal, and the bottom is Zelda, my yearling cinnamon. Amber wouldn't cooperate for pictures, but she looks like a lighter colored normal about the same size as Zelda. I'm up to 8 snakes now, and the last addition I'm currently planning on will be an albino male, but no rush there.

Thanks
    happy birthday,

and goodluck with your 3 new ladies!
    YouTube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCue...yj1vBeeIUZVl2Q

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

Thanks
    Today was feeding day, and I wasn't expecting much out of these three. Only the het albino not pictured here ate her rat, though the big one seemed interested (Think she's in blue, which explains things). My cinnamon pinstripe male ate his mouse, which pleases me, and I got a chuckle out of watching my wobbly lesser bee trying to eat (strike, coil... did I get it? No? Try again, then. Twice before I just put the rat against his mouth and let him go for it)

Random probably dumb question, but is lavender albino compatible with regular albino, or no?

Thanks
    Nice setup man. I see in the background very nice. Show us more please

Thanks
    My setup isn't anything too fancy. Like I said, I'm still looking into getting an incubator and a rack for the smaller ones, but until I get that I have my own little starter snake room

slots 3 and 5 are empty in my rack because they aren't getting hot. Pretty sure I know what the problem is, but to fix it I need to buy more insulator clips, and with the shipping cost the vendor charges being very high, I would prefer to wait to order them until I go to buy whatever heating materials I need for a juvie rack. The bigger tank doesn't have a UTH, so it has a lamp for now, while the smaller tank is opposite. Not pictured here is the third tank (also a 20) in the bedroom where I keep Kirby (my first! place of honor). The tanks in the picture are temporary, and I'll probably re-purpose them to breeding feeders after I get my second rack built. Also pictured is my weighing station with the bowls and log, my feeder keeper (the rustling of the bedding in it seems to interest the snakes, so I like using it), cleaning supplies, green bucket for used water, and random background junk. I have a space heater that you can see in the corner there, but it isn't plugged in and I don't know if I'll end up using it at all. Lastly Odin, who just wants to be part of everything I do.

Not perfect, I plan on doing some upgrades soon, but it gets the job done and I'm satisfied.