Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 384

11 members and 373 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 64,356
Threads: 238,652
Posts: 2,479,191
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, Emeraldsserpent
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    BPnet Senior Member Gio's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-28-2012
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,495
    Thanks
    4,443
    Thanked 3,432 Times in 1,862 Posts

    Re: Animal plastics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Misha View Post
    As Empyrean already said, the difference between a T8 and T10 is 3 inches. They don't come with a divider.

    Here's a photo of mine. T8 is on the top and T10 is on the bottom:

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    This is a nice looking setup.

    I always like it when people post a clean, well thought out batch of cage pictures.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

    KillerKarrie (10-12-2014),Mr. Misha (10-10-2014),Spartacus (10-11-2014)

  3. #12
    BPnet Senior Member Mr. Misha's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-16-2013
    Location
    SFV, CA
    Posts
    1,642
    Thanks
    408
    Thanked 739 Times in 552 Posts
    Images: 6

    Re: Animal plastics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    This is a nice looking setup.

    I always like it when people post a clean, well thought out batch of cage pictures.
    Thanks. I appreciate that.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    0.1 Reg. BP Het. Albino (Faye),
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    0.1 Pastave BP Het. Pied (Kira)
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

  4. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    07-10-2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Animal plastics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Misha View Post
    As Empyrean already said, the difference between a T8 and T10 is 3 inches. They don't come with a divider.

    Here's a photo of mine. T8 is on the top and T10 is on the bottom:

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    Is the stand you have this set up on from IKEA?

  5. #14
    BPnet Senior Member Mr. Misha's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-16-2013
    Location
    SFV, CA
    Posts
    1,642
    Thanks
    408
    Thanked 739 Times in 552 Posts
    Images: 6

    Re: Animal plastics?

    Quote Originally Posted by Akayak65 View Post
    Is the stand you have this set up on from IKEA?
    Haha! Yea, they are.
    0.1 Reg. BP Het. Albino (Faye),
    1.0 Albino BP (Henry),
    0.1 Pastave BP Het. Pied (Kira)
    1.0 Pied BP (Sam)
    1.0 Bumble Bee BP (Izzy)

  6. #15
    Registered User Jcd5v's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-04-2019
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 78 Times in 36 Posts

    Re: Animal plastics?

    I wish I would have seen these cages before I got my Exo Terra honestly but you can buy glass pieces from http://www.neherpetoculture.com/enclosures that should help keep the humidity in better.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BS in Animal Science- Future Exotic Veterinarian
    1.0 X Karma BEL- Apollo
    1.0 X Mystic x Ghost- Kronos
    0.1 X Invisiball Spider- Medusa

  7. #16
    BPnet Veteran
    Join Date
    11-22-2016
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    1,095
    Thanks
    912
    Thanked 586 Times in 368 Posts
    Images: 106

    Re: Animal plastics?

    Animal Plastics worth every penny and minute you have to wait for them to ship! I have 7 of them and an 8th to pick up at Tinley in October.
    Ball Python
    0.1 Lesser (Lucille) local pet store
    Boas
    0.1 Caulkers Cay (CC) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Sunglow het moonglow (Sonny) from Dustin Dirnberger
    1.0 BCI - DH Sharp Snow (Bob) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa (Babylon) from Ike Lightener (Ike's Exotics & Aquatics)
    Pythons
    0.0.1 Unknown/undocumented rescue (Roger)
    Cats

    1.1 Domestic short hair (Esther and James)
    Snake Wishlist
    Northern White Lip coming in 2019
    Drymarchon Malanurus (Black Tail Cribno)
    SD/D Retic
    Woma or Black Headed Python
    ETB or Biak GTP (dreaming here - just a cool display if I ever get that far)
    Other Reptile Wishlist
    Fire Skinks
    Poison dart frogs

  8. #17
    Registered User tickyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    01-05-2019
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    262
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Images: 11
    to the OP, what happened to your snake that he needs healing?

  9. #18
    BPnet Veteran CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-31-2016
    Location
    None Ya
    Posts
    2,591
    Thanks
    2,910
    Thanked 2,158 Times in 1,241 Posts
    Images: 23

    Re: Animal plastics?

    Im late to the Party but I cant help join in for such a important discussion hahaha. To keep it simple, the door size is what affects me the most. A lower hight enclosure makes for smaller sliding doors. The inside height for a T8 is around 11 inches while the T10 is closer to 14” and with the Lip around the doors it makes the usable door around 7.5” on a T8 and the T10 11.5”, try reaching almost 2 feet into a 8” inch door with your arm and shoulder to clean. Also taking out a adult snake can get tricky with a smaller door. Ive bumped them trying to get them out as mine dont “Ball up” much. After years of my Ball Pythons living it up in these enclosures they are often stretched out basking and at night very active so taking them out in full length (4 feet plus) gets tricky with such a small doorway. Id never get a T8 as for a few Bucks the T10 is so much easier. Also take heating into account. I use RHP’s so that will limit your height even more. All the way around i cant say enough about AP enclosures, I love them and im happy I got the largest 4’ enclosures they make. I actually got the T-12’s and use PVC pipes for Climbing. Mine spend hours a night sleeping on their branches. The T12’s cost a lot more so Im not suggesting you consider them im just saying the height comes in handy in all kinds of ways. Have fun and welcome to the AP CLUB



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to CALM Pythons For This Useful Post:

    scarThePiedBall (02-19-2019)

  11. #19
    Registered User SquirmyPug's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-15-2018
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    259
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 158 Times in 103 Posts

    Re: Animal plastics?

    Quote Originally Posted by CALM Pythons View Post
    Im late to the Party but I cant help join in for such a important discussion hahaha. To keep it simple, the door size is what affects me the most. A lower hight enclosure makes for smaller sliding doors. The inside height for a T8 is around 11 inches while the T10 is closer to 14” and with the Lip around the doors it makes the usable door around 7.5” on a T8 and the T10 11.5”, try reaching almost 2 feet into a 8” inch door with your arm and shoulder to clean. Also taking out a adult snake can get tricky with a smaller door. Ive bumped them trying to get them out as mine dont “Ball up” much. After years of my Ball Pythons living it up in these enclosures they are often stretched out basking and at night very active so taking them out in full length (4 feet plus) gets tricky with such a small doorway. Id never get a T8 as for a few Bucks the T10 is so much easier. Also take heating into account. I use RHP’s so that will limit your height even more. All the way around i cant say enough about AP enclosures, I love them and im happy I got the largest 4’ enclosures they make. I actually got the T-12’s and use PVC pipes for Climbing. Mine spend hours a night sleeping on their branches. The T12’s cost a lot more so Im not suggesting you consider them im just saying the height comes in handy in all kinds of ways. Have fun and welcome to the AP CLUB



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like those T12s a lot, do you have any trouble heating them? Looks like you have a rhp in the top right of the picture. Do you use UTHs also? I might have to invest in two of those when my new snake gets a little bigger...

  12. #20
    Telling it like it is! Deborah's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-28-2006
    Posts
    23,757
    Thanks
    5,837
    Thanked 18,749 Times in 8,783 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images: 6

    Re: Animal plastics?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsonact View Post
    to the OP, what happened to your snake that he needs healing?
    The thread is 6 years old and the OP has not been on the forum in 5 YEARS

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Deborah For This Useful Post:

    CALM Pythons (02-19-2019)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1