Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,386

2 members and 3,384 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,534
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Looking for Survey Participants for a Project to Educate About Ball Pythons

Hey fellow ball python owners! I am posting a survey for a close friend of mine about ball python owners that I would appreciate anyone participating in. Included below is the explanation of the survey and the questions. Her purpose is to help education and end stereotypes about our lovely snakes and the people who own them. Thanks!

Feel free to email your answers to her email directly as well to nwelsh87@frontier.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! My name is Nicole and I am a senior in college and currently working on my senior thesis. My concentration is Photography and I would like to do my thesis on educating people about snake owners, specifically Ball Pythons. I am not a snake owner but I do know people who are and I would like to help get rid of stereotypes and educate people about the species. I know that there has been talk about passing laws against owning specific snakes, and that is one reason I would like to educate people. This survey is to help me show the diversity of snake owners and that many of you have family and pets as well as owning your snakes. This is a survey is completely optional but I would appreciate it if you would take the time to answer these questions.

Also, if you are interested in taking part in the Photography portion of this, please contact me. I live in Fort Wayne and would very much appreciate anyone that lives within a 3 hour drive, and wants to either have photos of their snakes taken or if they would be willing to have their picture take with one of their snakes and their set up, to please e-mail me at nwelsh87@frontier.com and I would be more than willing to talk to you more. Anyone who would like to participate in the Photography part of this, if you provide me with an e-mail address I will send you all the photos I take of your snakes. Feel free to e-mail me your surveys if you would like to.

Finally, I will also be attending the NARBC on October 11 and the Indianapolis Reptile Expo on October 12, if you will be attending either of these and would like to offer photo opportunities or information there please send me an e-mail and I would appreciate any of your time you are willing to offer.

Thank you all for your time!

Survey

1. What is your sex?
    2. What is your age?
    3. What is your ethnicity?
    4. How many Ball Pythons do you own?
    5. How long have you owned Ball Pythons?
    6. Do you breed Ball Pythons? If so, how long have you been breeding?
    7. On average how many hours a week do you spend with your Ball Pythons?
    8. Do you have any other pets? If so, which ones and how many?
    9. (optional) Do you have a family? Kids? How many?
    10. (optional) Do you work? About how many hours a week?
    11. (optional) Do you have any personal feelings or stories about owning Ball Pythons that you would like to share?

Thanks

Re: Looking for Survey Participants for a Project to Educate About Ball Pythons

Quote Originally Posted by Toiya55 View Post

1. What is your sex?
    2. What is your age?
    3. What is your ethnicity?
    4. How many Ball Pythons do you own?
    5. How long have you owned Ball Pythons?
    6. Do you breed Ball Pythons? If so, how long have you been breeding?
    7. On average how many hours a week do you spend with your Ball Pythons?
    8. Do you have any other pets? If so, which ones and how many?
    9. (optional) Do you have a family? Kids? How many?
    10. (optional) Do you work? About how many hours a week?
    11. (optional) Do you have any personal feelings or stories about owning Ball Pythons that you would like to share?
    I live too far away for the photography part...
    1. Female
    2. 22
    3. Caucasian
    4. Just bought my fifth and I'm nowhere near done.
    5. Since February, but I've owned snakes since I was seventeen.
    6. I'm setting up for it, but I haven't actually started yet. Hopefully soon!
    7. I handle each one maybe an hour per week. I try not to stress them out too much
    8. In addition to the snakes, I have a dog, a bearded dragon, and a husband.
    9. Just my husband and our small menagerie
    10. I work 40+ hours a week.
    11. Same as everyone, I suppose. Most people seem to think snake ownership is weird and/or disgusting. Hurtful looks and comments happen every time I try to share my enthusiasm for these really cool animals.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 Times in 1,511 Posts
    What is your sex? Female
    What is your age? 26
    What is your ethnicity? White
    How many Ball Pythons do you own? 14
    How long have you owned Ball Pythons? 4 years
    Do you breed Ball Pythons? If so, how long have you been breeding? Not yet, but planning on it.
    On average how many hours a week do you spend with your Ball Pythons? 2-5
    Do you have any other pets? If so, which ones and how many? Yes, two lab mixes, two leopard geckos, 9 tarantulas, and a rat
    (optional) Do you have a family? Kids? How many? Yes, married, one son and a baby on the way
    (optional) Do you work? About how many hours a week? Yes, Air Force Reserves and 911 Dispatcher-40-60 hour/week
    (optional) Do you have any personal feelings or stories about owning Ball Pythons that you would like to share?
    They are just fascinating creatures. I only intended to ever own one, and we all know how that goes. They all just have their own little quirks and personalities. My reptile room is like my zone. I can forget about all the crap I worry about on a daily basis and just take care of them. They really are therapeutic.
    2.0 Offspring, 1.1 Normal Ball Python, 1.0 Pastel Ball Python, 0.1 Albino Ball Python, 0.1 Pinstripe Ball Python, 0.1 Banana Ball Python, 1.0 Pied Ball Python, 1.0 Normal Hognose, 0.1 Veiled Chameleon, 0.0.1 G.pulchra, 0.1 P.metallica, 0.1 M.giganteus

Thanks
    Sure why not

1. What is your sex? Male
    2. What is your age? 40
    3. What is your ethnicity? Caucasion
    4. How many Ball Pythons do you own? 1
    5. How long have you owned Ball Pythons? Only about a month now
    6. Do you breed Ball Pythons? If so, how long have you been breeding? No
    7. On average how many hours a week do you spend with your Ball Pythons? 2-3
    8. Do you have any other pets? If so, which ones and how many? Not at the moment
    9. (optional) Do you have a family? Kids? How many? 3 boys
    10. (optional) Do you work? About how many hours a week? Truck Driver - 40+
    11. (optional) Do you have any personal feelings or stories about owning Ball Pythons that you would like to share? I once owned a corn snake many years ago. While talking with a co-worker who owns several snakes, I became interested and ended up adopting a BP from him. I really enjoy Burt, and will likely own more in the near future!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Interesting

Emailed survey answers to Nicole.

Will we get to read her finished thesis and see the photos she obtains?

Thanks

Re: Looking for Survey Participants for a Project to Educate About Ball Pythons

Hey Golem! She got your email and she said she is willing to post her results on here if everyone would like, or if you alone are interested she can correspond with you that way. Just as a forewarning, it wont be until April as the thesis work wont be completed until then. Also thank you all for your submissions! They are very helpful and great to read.

Thanks
    Will send Nicole an e-mail as requested in the morning.
    1. het Pied 1. Albino 1. Lesser 1. Fire 1. OG 1. Pinstripe het VPI Axanthic 1. Mojave Enchi
    1. Bumblebee 1. Black Pastel Kingpin 1. Pastel Tiger
    .1 Pastel .1 Pastel het Pied .1 Calico .1 OG .1 Mojave het Lavender Albino .1 Lithium .1 Caramel Spider .1 Bumblebee .1 Bumblebee het Clown .1 Leopard
    1. Wild Caught Corn 1. Coral Snow Corn .1 Snow Corn .1 Butter Corn .1 Albino Reverse Okeetee Corn ?.? Frilled Dragon .2 Ferrets