Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,057

2 members and 1,055 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    I currently have my bci in a 30-g long tank. Looking back along the years, I realize that this tank has been home to a HUGE array of creatures. I got it back in '94 (when I was 13, I might add) as an african cichlid tank from a friend, and it was home to a bunch of breeding cichlids for years. Then I raised a baby iguana in it, who ended up with a friend of mine. The tank was vacant for awhile, until I decided to get a lop-eared bunny, but I only kept him for a few days because my mom made me take him back to the store! The tank became a fish tank once more, this time hosting tropicals like redtail sharks and plecostomus, for a few years. I think I also used it for garter snakes, but that mighta been another tank.
    Then it lay vacant in the attic until 2001, when I moved into my boyfriend-and-my first apartment, when it housed leopard- and green- frogs. Then it housed goldfish at our now-apartment until I got a bigger tank, and african clawed frogs for awhile, and then one of my ball pythons lived in it for a few months, and now Apache the boa.
    WOW! This tank has been around! I should stress though, that it was Thoroughly cleaned between uses. And oddly, it looks brand new still. I just hope that my life can be as long and productive as this tank's has been.
    -Jen. Back in the hobby after a hiatus!
    Ball pythons:
    0.1 normal; 1.1 albino. 1.0 pied; 0.1 het pied; 1.0 banana.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,326 Times in 1,368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    that's really cool that you are getting such good use out of the tank. one thing i have noticed with some of my tanks that have been around is that i usually manage to pop the plastic frame part off of the bottom and sometimes the top too when i clean them. i let them soak in really hot bleach/water mix and i guess they don't make the glue like they used to. my oldest tanks have never done that, but some of the ones i have gotten in the last 5 years or so always seem to do it when i soak them in the hot water. it's annoying but i just glue them back on with aquarium sealant or super glue and then they are fine. so keep your old tanks around because they must have been made with better materials!
    - Emily