Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,846

1 members and 2,845 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks
    Well, last Saturday i was cleaning out Andy's rubbermaid and i broke it. After accidentally hiting it off the driveway, it split down one entire side. No big deal really, just a pain in the rear end. So i put Andy in a smaller extra rubbermaid i had laying around and headed off to Wally World. I bought a new rubbermaid and came home to modify it for its new occupant. This was approximately 9:30 pm or there abouts, aka dark outside. I set off to find the drill, a bit, and a lighter that had enough juice left. I managed to find the drill and a lighter, but the only bit i could find that was big enough not to have to drill 1000 holes was 3/4". I remember having a 1/2" bit, but that late in the evening i'm not going to tear apart the storage barn looking for it. I figured to myself heck he's bigger than the last time i did this, he's not getting out. I drilled my holes, set up the rest of the cage, and put him back in. Since i work on Sundays i like to get some sleep on Saturday nights, so i then set off to get ready for bed. Came back into the room to find Andy not in his cage anymore :shock:. Did i get the lid back on? Yup, its secured to the rubbermaid. How in the world did he get out? Just then i spied him crawling under the computer. I grabbed him real quick and put him back in. Then i watched as he managed to squeeze his head through one of my holes and then somehow squeeze his fat rear end through the hole that was obviously much smaller than his girth. Needless to say the tank needed further modification quickly. After a couple of differnet attempts to modify the tank, i finally settled on some plastic window screen covering all the holes. He cant get out now, but has tried a couple of times.

Moral of the story: Make sure the holes you make in your rubbermaid arent too big
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks

Dont make the same mistake i did ;)

Wow, glad you found him! Thanks for the advice!
    1.0 Ball Python, Norbert
    0.1 Corn Snake, Nagini
    1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa, Peeves

Thanks
    Thanks for that one! Good to know.
    I saw a show on snakes once that said they could squeeze down their bodies to get thru small openings, but 3/4 of an inch is pretty small.

Guess their like mice in that respect, if they can get a head thru the body will follow.

Thanks for the post.
    ~ Johanna ~ aka Jody

"The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be measured by the way it's animals are treated"
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi~

Thanks
    Wow, good thing you found him so quickly, Carson. We have yet to find Henry.

Thanks
    Its kinda interesting to watch him now. He knows that he got out of one of those holes, but cant figure out why in the world he cant get through now. The next couple of days i'll have to keep a close eye on him just to make sure he doesnt give himself a bad nose rub. If worst comes to worse i'll have to invest in another rubbermaid for him.
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.