Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,426

3 members and 3,423 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,537
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Feeder rat breeders in NC

I recently moved to the Triangle Area in NC, and had to give up my rat colony due to restrictions in my new apartment complex. I have a ten year-old ball python (Luna), who is a very spoiled princess and has only ever been fed very young, live pups (small enough that they can't hurt her). Does anyone know of breeders in the area who would be willing to sell me live pups?

Cheers,

Grateful pet owner

Thanks
    Spoiled? That's not the word i would use, how many do you feed 15?

Thanks

Re: Feeder rat breeders in NC

Welcome to the area. I don't feed live but I know Frank at Cold Blooded Novelties breeds feeder rats. He's just south of Greensboro a little over and hour away from Durham. His number is 336-880-4238. Or www.coldblooded-novelties.com
    Cheers, Jeff

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CORBIN911 View Post
    Spoiled? That's not the word i would use, how many do you feed 15?
    I typically kept two breeder females, so every time I had litters at the right stage, Luna would get one (two if she was particularly frisky) every two or three days for about a week or so (number dependent on litter size), then there would be a lag until the next litter. She's always been a little on the pudgy side, with the exception of one particularly long winter fast (the extra fat reserves became a necessity that year). At the little hopper stage, rat pups are basically bags of butter, so for animals with low metabolic rates and high assimilation efficiency (like pythons), a little goes a long way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C2tcardin View Post
    Welcome to the area. I don't feed live but I know Frank at Cold Blooded Novelties breeds feeder rats. He's just south of Greensboro a little over and hour away from Durham. His number is 336-880-4238. Or www.coldblooded-novelties.com
    Thank you so much for this information!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BirdGirl View Post
    I typically kept two breeder females, so every time I had litters at the right stage, Luna would get one (two if she was particularly frisky) every two or three days for about a week or so (number dependent on litter size), then there would be a lag until the next litter. She's always been a little on the pudgy side, with the exception of one particularly long winter fast (the extra fat reserves became a necessity that year). At the little hopper stage, rat pups are basically bags of butter, so for animals with low metabolic rates and high assimilation efficiency (like pythons), a little goes a long way.

I didnt think she'd get pudgy as thats small meals, for a 10yr old girl