Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,180

0 members and 3,180 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Introductions - New Snake Keeper

Hello, I wanted to find a place to introduce myself. You don't seem to have an "introduction" forum, so I figured since I would be posting pictures of my girl, this would be a good place to start! I've been making my rounds through the interwebs, trying to find people of like mind as well as a place to learn more than just basic care.

I've been studying snake keeping and care for many years, ever since i was young and wanted a pet snake. Up until recently, I have lived with my parents and my mother had always specifically said "No snakes! You can have everything else, but no snakes!" And now, after a year of living by myself, I finally invested and bought my first snake(s). The first round was a female ball Python named Tiamat (or Tia).

I didn't buy from a breeder, I bought one of the babies at my local Petco. I got very lucky, however, that one of the guys that works there is a breeder himself and keeps a large variety or reptiles. He takes such great care of the reptiles there and he held Tia aside for me because he knew I was new to snake keeping. He assured me that she was eating well and that she had a great personality (and WOW! does she).

She only missed one week of feeding before she was back to eating and she has been eating wholeheartedly for the month and a half she's been with me. She's been active and happy and she even comes to the top of her aquarium now when she knows I'm going to let her out to explore with me around the house.

I even took her back to the shop to let her see the guy who helped me pick her and he said that she was growing really fast and was healthy. I have pictures on my phone of her climbing on my steering wheel that I'll have to post later.

On top of that... I managed to get snake fever and ended up getting a little corn snake as well that I've been really enjoying. I see how people end up with so many snakes now. It's hard to get just one! They all have such amazing little personalities!

Anyways, here is some pictures of Tia that I've taken:

Last edited by shadowshearth; 08-11-2014 at 02:45 AM.

Thanks

Re: Introductions - New Snake Keeper

Blah surgeon simulator

Thanks
    Hahaha, I completely forgot that was in the background. Thanks for pointing it out. I'd just found a funny new YouTuber.