Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 505

2 members and 503 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

Saint Louis Area Vet Recommendations?

I have a ball python that has gone on and off with hunger strikes. She's not eating again and I'd like to take her to a vet. I like in St. Peters, so the closer the better. Anyone in the area have a good recommendation?
    -Paul-

Thanks

Re: Saint Louis Area Vet Recommendations?

I live in O'Fallon and have been told there is one on Hwy K across from the Target somewhere. Also, i believe the Humane Society in Chesterfield Valley still has a vet that sees reptiles. I'll look around the house, i know i held on to her business card in case i needed it.

Thanks
    Thanks. I'd really just like someone to take a look at her. Based on the fact that she's very 'normal' otherwise and living in the same rack system as healthy snakes, I doubt she's anything but stubborn. If nothing else it's piece of mind and a tube feeding.
    -Paul-

Thanks

Tube feeding should only be used for snakes that are literally dying. She is doing what a ball python does. Unless her fasting is due to an underlying cause, in which case she should see a vet. but the vet shouldn't even offer tube feeding unless it's a dire situation.
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    a) Calliope 0.1, Banana Ball, 2018/19 season, 600g
    b) Geralt 1.0 Chocolate Sable Mojave pos. Trick ball, May 27th 2020

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),
    2.2 Cherry Barbs ("The Worst"), 1.0 Electric Blue Acara (Goldeneye)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
    Tube feeding should only be used for snakes that are literally dying. She is doing what a ball python does. Unless her fasting is due to an underlying cause, in which case she should see a vet. but the vet shouldn't even offer tube feeding unless it's a dire situation.
    While I appreciate your concern, please do not clutter this thread. I'm looking for vet information, nothing more.
    -Paul-