Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,817

0 members and 1,817 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

Thread: Another Addict

Thanks

Another Addict

The way I became a herper is a strange tale. Most people start with a snake and then become crazy about them or they somewhat gradually work into it. I literally woke up one day when I was 13 and became obsessed with snakes. Read 20 million reptile books in two days. It was as if the herper cupid shot an arrow right into my face. From that day on, forget it, I was hooked beyond words.

No matter where I end up, I always have my reptiles.

I currently have a few different ball pythons, a lot of colubrids and a few different lizards. I'm currently working on bringing back on my collection, because now I have the time to start breeding again. I'll start posting pictures of them all soon.

I really look forward to being apart of this forum and being around other addicts who understand why I have hundreds of dead rodents in the freezer, a monitor that sleeps in my laundry and a house where every furniture piece has been turned into a reptile cage.

Thanks

Re: Another Addict

You are in exactly the right place. As they say, we're all a little mad here. :p
    1.1 Ball Pythons
    a) Calliope 0.1, Banana Ball, 2018/19 season, 600g
    b) Geralt 1.0 Chocolate Sable Mojave pos. Trick ball, May 27th 2020

3.2 Cats (Fury, Leviathan, Walter, Chell, Amelie); 2.0 Dogs (Bjorn, Anubis); 2.1 Ferrets (Bran, Tormund, Arya); 0.1 Beardie (Nefertiti); 0.1 Slider Turtle (Species uncertain) (Papaya); 2.0 Hermit Crabs (Tamatoa, Sushi); 0.1 Conure (Mauii); Two Axolotyls (Quetzl and Unnamed); Two Tree Frogs (Pluto and Colossus); One Anole (Zeus); One Crestie (Noferatu); 3.0 Guinea Pigs (Paco, Poncho and Piccolo); 0.1 Pink Toe T (Azula)

Fish:
    1.1 Oscar Cichlids (Rocky 1.0, hx2020, Red Fire, and Bubble 0.1, hx2019, Tiger), 1.1 Convict Cichlids (Hurley and Sloane), 0.1 Strawberry Peacock Cichlid (Comet), Two Plecos, Rubby the Rubbernose Pleco and Trinidad the common Pleco, 2.0 Upside Down Catfish (Poseidon, Neptune), One Red Parrot Cichlid (Firefly), 1.0 Betta Fish (Jenkins),
    2.2 Cherry Barbs ("The Worst"), 1.0 Electric Blue Acara (Goldeneye)

Thanks

Re: Another Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
    You are in exactly the right place. As they say, we're all a little mad here. :p
    yes most of us are a little mad then you get the few of us that are waiting for the men and the white coats to all us away
    Was married to 4theSNAKElady (still wish we were)
    Ball pythons
    0.1 pieds 0.1 het pied

4.2 sugar gliders ( non breeding pets)

Thanks
    LOL that sounds about right and the dead rodent part is sad but true. ...While looking for a good deal on a fish tank I wind up getting a nearly dead vieled chameleon and saved his life. 4 months later I have 2 veileds, 1 panther, 7 balls, and 7 leopard geckos with intentions on breeding them all and growing to epic proportions...