Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,085

0 members and 3,085 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Breeding Suggestions!?!?!

So I have a Male Bumblebee and a Female Mojave Orange Ghost. I would like to breed them two and I've used a morph calculator to see my possible options with the offspring. I'm curious to what snakes I should go after to make some more awesome combinations with the snakes I own now. I would like for suggestions and what morphs I could eventually approach. Like a queen bee or killer bee or clowns etc. I'm not the best with knowing how to make those morphs so I would love to hear what I need to get to those morphs and other potential morphs in the future.

Thanks
    The combinations are endless as you add more snakes.

Use this

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/wizard/

Thanks
    Do you know the difference between recessive, dominant and co-dominant? You have some nice snakes but the aren't really the best two to be paired unless you have 3-6 years...

Thanks
    if you breed these two together, first you need to look at the codominant and dominant genes.

you have one copy of the spider gene (dominant), one copy of the pastel gene (codom), and one copy of the mojave gene (codom) in the mix. no super form involved. the offspring will have a 50% chance to get each of the genes. so you can get any combination of the genes, or a normal, with a 12.5% chance for each of the possible outcomes.

hypo (some people like to call it orange ghost, thats a fashion thing) is recessive. you are breeding a visual hypo to a BP that is not hypo, and not het hypo. so you will hatch no hypos, but all of the offspring will be 100% het hypo.

also you dont make morphs. new morphs come from africa, or in extremely rare cases a random mutation occurs and a new morph shows up in someones collection. subtle morphs come from africa and go unnoticed until someone manages to spot them and to figure them out. realistically what you will be doing is you buy morphs, and then you combine them and/or try to improve them with line breeding. so to make clowns, you buy clowns or het clowns and breed them (clown is recessive, like hypo). to make a queen bee you buy BPs that contain the right genes, you need lesser and pastel and spider. then breed them together and hope to beat the odds and hatch one that got all 3.

the possibilities are quite endless, a year ago when WOBP still had the advanced search which they removed without a replacement (WOBP is less functional than it used to be ever since), i think there were somewhere around 100 base morphs and 2200 morph combos. making new ones is still easy, with 100 base morphs there should theoretically be 10000 two-gene combos and a million triple gene combos.
    Last edited by Pythonfriend; 07-09-2014 at 09:09 PM.
    The Big Bang almost certainly (beyond reasonable doubt) happened 13.7 billion years ago. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Evolution is a fact, evolutionary theory explains why it happens and provides four different lines of evidence that coalesce to show that evolution is a fact. If you disagree, send me a PM.
    One third of the global economy relies on technology that is based on quantum mechanics, especially quantum electrodynamics (electron-photon or electron-electron interactions). If you disagree, send me a PM.
    Time Dilation is real, it is so real that all clocks if they are precise enough can measure it, and GPS could not possibly work without it.
    If you disagree, send me a PM.

The 4 philosophically most important aspects of modern science are: Evolutionary theory, Cosmology, Quantum mechanics, and Einsteins theory of general relativity. Understand these to get a grip of reality.

my favorite music video is online again, its really nice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oABEGc8Dus0