Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,423

2 members and 2,421 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

questions

Well, somehow the Sterilite that Scooby and Waldo have been living in had the lid pushed over about 3/4" but still locked (still trying to figure that one out), and Waldo escaped during the night. Jessica found her this morning, near death, with puncture wounds in her ear (or whatever the proper term is) and behind it. She was caught by Jezebel, apparently. We tried to feed her and keep her comfortable until she passed. I can't believe she's gone, and so soon after Susan.

What's ironic about this is that I've been working on a new gecko enclosure to house them all, planning it for months, finally bought everything this week, and completed it today. The remaining geckos are moved in, but if I'd finished one day sooner, this wouldn't have happened. I am kicking myself, but I was feeling ill yesterday and didn't feel up to completing it. I guess I should have pushed on through anyway.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    I'm sorry to hear that Marla
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks
    That Sucks marla , sounds to me like maybe Jezebel may have had something to do with the escape ?
    on another note .. would be nice to see some pics of the new cage setup!

Thanks
    sorry for you marla

vaughn
    you can't have just one!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Eating problems?

I'm sorry to hear it Marla. I wouldn't blame yourself for this. I know it's hard, but what happened wasn't out of negligence on your part. We know you all loved your critters, and wouldn't let harm come to them if you could possibly help it.
    What may have happened is Jez may have cracked open the Sterilite and pushed it aside. Phoenix did that with my slide-top cage, and that's how Roo got out a few days ago.
    You tried your best to give her a good life, and a peaceful end. Sometimes, that's all we can do. My thoughts are with you.
    0.1 Ball -Ruby-
    0.1 Viper Boa -Vash-
    ....and lots and lots of feeder mousies.....

Thanks
    Thanks, y'all. Yeah, I'm concerned Jez may have engineered the escape somehow. I'm glad Scooby stayed put, so I didn't lose them both. I do plan to add some photos of the new cage, as soon as I buy some new batteries for my camera. All my rechargables have either disappeared or reached the end of their life, so I actually bought 8 batteries so that I could take pics of the building process, and all 8 turned out to be duds! Grr! *And* I even checked the expiration dates on the packages before buying them. Anyway, look for pics later this week.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans

Thanks
    OMG im very sad to hear what happened Marla. Just something out off topic but similar to you event. Few years back, i felt that i should insure my house and its content. The day before my appointment with an insurance agent, my house was broke in and i lost thousands dollars worth of stuff. IT still hurt whenver i think about it.

Thanks
    Sorry to hear the news Marla....
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

Thanks

mouse to rat transition (its a no go)

sorry for your loss......that really sucks. i just broke my jungle cat from climbing on my knobbie cage. i was really afraid something like that would happen. i think my cats are more fascinated with the crickets than the geckoes themselves.

Thanks
    Wendy, my cat is definitely fascinated with the crickets, but it seems more about watching the geckos hunt than about the crickets themselves, because she mostly ignores them in the cricket keeper. The new cage the cats can climb on all they want and it won't hurt anything, as long as the geckos aren't hanging out on the front wall with the cats swiping at them. I can't believe Waldo is gone, but the rest should be safe now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast