Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,157

0 members and 3,157 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Shipping BP with shipyourreptiles.com?

Hi all,

I am moving my nearly adult albino BP from Atlanta to Boise. My vet suggested shipyourreptiles.com and said he's used them before. I was hoping to get some additional testimony from those who have used their service - good and bad.

Also, hoping to get any suggestions from those who have shipped their snakes. My move will be in mid-August, when it's hotter than hell in Atlanta and just about as hot in Boise. So I'm not even sure if I'll need a heat pack at all. The Fedex cargo area is apparently pressured and maintained at 55-75 degrees. It'll have to be a connecting flight I'm sure. The overnighting would probably be in Atlanta or Memphis where it'll stay hot; I doubt it would be in Boise where it gets cooler.

Any other general suggestions are appreciated. This is pretty complicated for me. I am also shipping my green tree python as well.

Thanks!
    Brian

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts
    I've used Shipyourreptiles several times. I've never needed any customer support so I can't speak to that. However, they're basically a company that allows registered users to ship via FedEx using their certified account. Their website goes over everything required to ship, and they even have a section on how to pack and take into account temperatures.
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:

Robyn@SYR (06-26-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,114 Times in 845 Posts
    I use them on a regular basis and I'm very happy. Their customer service is great as well. Top notch!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Green For This Useful Post:

Robyn@SYR (06-26-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 Times in 971 Posts

Re: Shipping BP with shipyourreptiles.com?

Definitely do not use a heat pack in August!

You may need a cool pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coldbloodaddict For This Useful Post:

Dave Green (06-25-2014),kc261 (06-27-2014),Robyn@SYR (06-26-2014)

Thanks
    Well this is most certainly good to know! I bought a heat pad on reptile basics and received a 20% off coupon from them. If reptile basics likes them they must be pretty good

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cyndymei For This Useful Post:

Robyn@SYR (06-26-2014)

Thanks
    Check out reptiles express. Better customer (IMO) service and definitely cheaper prices (fact).

Thanks
    Thanks for the support everyone. We work very hard to be the industry leader in reptile shipping, and to support USARK through micro-donations through SYR. We have raised tens of thousands of dollars to protect the future of reptile keeping. You can donate as little as 50 cents per shipment to USARK and PIJAC, and over thousands of shipments, it really adds up!

We offer detailed info in our SYR Get Help section, and you can contact info@ShipYourReptiles.com anytime with direct questions!

We sponsor/advertise with lots of forums and reptile communities, including here at BP.net!

Our rates start at 20% off the FedEx rate, and can improve with volume. There are also a bunch of 40% off codes floating around, including from Reptile Basics, mentioned previously.

We are also the only service to offer On-Time and Live Arrival Insurance.

As for shipping in August, it can indeed get very hot. We have temperature guidelines at the Get Help link above, and there are other tips and tricks you can use when shipping in very hot, or very cold weather. One of the easiest is to ship direct to a FedEx facility and have the package held for pickup. It will arrive early in the morning and be kept in a temperate environment. It won't be exposed to extreme temps or go out on the truck for the delivery rounds. Hold for Pickup packages are typically available by 9am.

We take great pride in outstanding customer service, feel free to contact us with any questions!
    Last edited by Robyn@SYR; 06-26-2014 at 02:59 PM.