Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 464

0 members and 464 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Old enough to remember. Freakie_frog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,884 Times in 2,148 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am wanting a vision cage for when my ball out grows his 29 gal. But have a few questions I want a model #422. My question is where to the lights and heating pad go? How heavy are they? They look nice but the light thing has kind of got me stuck. Could someone who has some of these please respond. Thanks
    When you've got 10,000 people trying to do the same thing, why would you want to be number 10,001? ~ Mark Cuban
    "for the discerning collector"

Thanks

Vision Cage Questions

Moved to the caging forum. I think a couple of people here have them ... they should be along shortly.
    - Carson
    Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya.

Thanks
    same here i want one when reeses out grows his 29 gal. um actually u can ask for installed belly heat and a screened hole to put the light(that is like an extra 50$ but worth it) and u can buy a thermostat from em to control the belly heat. this will all prolly run u 399$ i think! i want one so bad now but i have to wait a year because reeses is only 3 months old! a big 4x2x2 cage would really scare him. :wink: if i was u i would go with a reptile plastic they are pretty light durable and cheaper :mrgreen: i want one so bad :sprint:
    Brian
    1.0 ball python-Reeses(u know the candy)
    0.1 sumatran blood python-shai (i miss you)
    1.0 JCP- spaz

Thanks
    I own a vision cage and work at an exotics vet. We use vision cages exclusively for our herp hospital patients.

For heating, we use the human heating pads without automatic shut off underneath one side of the cage. For lighting, there is a shroud built into the 422 made for the small light fixtures. I personally do use a light but have it on a 12 hour timer so my ball python gets 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark and a little bit of a night time temperature drop. I have a very low wattage regular lightbulb in my lamp just because it is mostly for aesthetics and not heating purposes.

The cages are relatively light without the glass doors in them. I was able to carry mine by myself and I am no He-Man or more appropriate She-Ra by any means.

I would highly recommend the Visions if you can afford them. They stand up to the test of time. Our hospital has been using them for almost 10 years and they all look brand new.

One thing I would recommend is buying a lock for your Vision if you do get it. At the hospital we use heavy duty tape to keep any would be escapees in but it is not very pretty so I use a jewelry case lock on my personal cage at home which works great and is simple to use.

If you have any more questions or need clarification please let me know!

The cheapest place I found Visions was at LLL Reptile.
    http://www.lllreptile.com/
    Nadia

Owned by:

0.1 Ball Pythons "Isis"
    1.0 Blood Pythons "Anubis"
    1.1 Italian Greyhounds "Lance and Mysti"
    2.0 Balinese Cats "Phoenix and Ninja"
    1.0 Husbands "Christian"

Thanks
    http://precisioncaging.com/caging.htm check this site out now this is alot cheaper and looks the same and i can get the one i want in 4 months instead of a year and a half!
    Brian
    1.0 ball python-Reeses(u know the candy)
    0.1 sumatran blood python-shai (i miss you)
    1.0 JCP- spaz

Thanks

anacondas: the hunt for the blood orchid

Are the precision cages only heated using an overhead light? The website doesn't say.
    Check out my gallery! www.schlyne.deviantart.com I am not really active on forums anymore, but I am on facebook.
    Please Click the Dragon eggs/hatchlings!

All of my Dragons can be seen here http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/48959