Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,885

0 members and 2,885 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks
    Hey!
    Its me once again putting up another topic so I can some more help!
    Well I just got my new male blood and I have too say that I'm really CONFUSED! I ordered a male "Yearling" blood python, so when I received it today I expected alot bigger in length and size. I measured him at 18-20 inches long-" Is this size considered a yearling"? The reason Im asking is because when I received my first blood which is a female and from "LLL Reptile", she was really rowbust and in good length! I measured her also at 18-20 inches long and thats where the whole confusion is! WHY is she really big and my male really skinny he also has little color. His color is like really light and blotchy, I don't want to have some information that I have researched all wrong so if somebody can help me out I'd really appriciate it!!!
    Thanx All....

Thanks
    Did they specifically say your blood would be a year old, or is he just an '03? He could be a late '03 animal that's been maintenance fed, which would explain his size.

As far as color goes, never judge a blood's color for the first 24 hours you have it. They stress from shipping & usually come in looking blah.

If you have expectations as to what you want your blood to look like, it helps to ask for pictures beforehand. Babies can be extremely variable.

K
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.