Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,318

1 members and 3,317 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    I recently became the owner of two 50% het Peibald males, and would really love to find out if they DO or DON'T carry the gene. My female will not be ready to breed till next year, and even with that she is a 'normal', and I would be forced to wait till the females from that clutch became old enough to breed to prove out just one of them. What I am looking for is to find out if there is anyone in Northwest Ohio-Sotheast Michigan with a breedable age/size female piebald who would like to help me out with this. I would be interested in talking with anyone who might be interested. Just PM me and I will be sure to get back with you. Thanx
    1.3.0-dog- Rocky, Adrian, Sadie, Sascha
    1.0.0-normal Python Regius- Cole
    0.1.0-het Piebald Pyhton Regius- not named yet
    0.1.0-Boa Constrictor Imperator- Lola
    1.0.0-het purple albino SD Reticulated Python
    "Even though I don't have all the things I want, I'm really grateful for the things I don't have that I don't want."- Jeremy Duncan

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Is my bp shedding?

Even normal breeding size females are in short supply, let alone piebald or het piebald ones... Hate to break it to you, but I highly doubt anyone would be willing to engage in such a project. You'll need to purchase your own female, most likely as a hatchling, and grow her up yourself. I would make certain I bought a 100% het female, as when you start mixing different possible hets together, it's pretty much a waste of time as far as producing any morphs is concerned. Sure, there's always a chance, but since morphs are more likely to drop than rise in price, time is money if you're seriously thinking of hatching out some pieds.
    ~40 Ball Pythons (mostly Freeway/Asphalt, Bongo, GHI, and Leopard combos)
    3.8.3 Green Tree Pythons (mostly TM/TW blueline, a few Highland/Wamena)
    1.2 Children's Pythons
    1.2 Cay Caulker Boas
    1.2 Black Fuli House Snakes
    1.0.4 Amazon Tree Boas (1x tiger, 3x halloween garden, 1x garden)

Thanks
    morphs are more likely to drop than rise in price, time is money
    I hear you, my friend, and that's what i'm talking about! I have a year 1/2 old female that I'm looking at least another year before she is ready to breed. That is why I brought it here, to try and seek out someone willing, or know someone who would, help. I would share, give, whatever the offspring to be able to know more quickly which of these guys is het pied and which isn't. Can't fault a guy for trying! :wink:
    "Even though I don't have all the things I want, I'm really grateful for the things I don't have that I don't want."- Jeremy Duncan

Thanks
    hey its doesn't hurt to ask! i doubt that anyone would want to breed a pied or 100 het female to anything but pied or 100 het. they would be really gambling with that females breeding cycle for that year or two.
    how many males were in that clutch? what was the clutch size? i'm assuming it was a 100het x normal breeding?

thanks
    vaughn

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Do either of the 50% chance het pied males have the white belly (all three belly scales) with solid dark black lines along the edge in the last 3rd of the snake? Some (but not all) het pieds have this marker. If you can't afford a $350 100% chance het pied male then if either of these 50% chance het males has it I would concentrate on getting that male bred to several normal females and then work on getting the daughters with that mark raised up.

That's what I'm doing but my biggest well-marked girls are still a little shy of 1,000 grams. I do have a single egg with a few weeks left to incubate from an unmarked 50% chance het to an unmarked 25% chance het pied and since some hets don't have the mark I'm holding out hope but my chances should get better each year from here on out as the better marked girls mature.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    You can find breeding size females. The only problem is that 99% of them are wild caught and do not do good at all or have tons of problems.
    Thanks,
    Damien
    0.1 2001 Ball Python 1200 grams.
    1.0 1994 Ball Python 3800 Grams.

Thanks
    how many males were in that clutch? what was the clutch size? i'm assuming it was a 100het x normal breeding?
    I am told it was 3.4 so I stand a pretty good chance of having a het by having two of the three males, don't you think? And yes, it was a 100% het pied from VPI to a normal female.
    Do either of the 50% chance het pied males have the white belly (all three belly scales) with solid dark black lines along the edge in the last 3rd of the snake?
    Can't really say right now. I am at work and they aren't with me! I have looked at them extensively to find ways to distinguish between the two, but can't say as I've noticed that. I will, though.
    Thank you all for the input, and ideas. Keep 'em coming! I am new to this whole thing, and really appreciate the support. I have never really dealt with chat or forums before either, considering them a waste of time, but now this is the first place I go when I get on-line. You folks are the best!!

Thanks
    Sincerely,

Deven Nicholson
    www.Terra5Designs.com
    Extravigent Enclsoures for Extravigent Balls