Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,864

0 members and 2,864 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Thread: Bearded Dragon

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Hey guys, So excited... I just got my Bearded Dragon. He is VERRRY active and eating fine. He has a really unique pattern. Hes a baige with dark brown on his back, then almost like a Chain Link pattern going all the way down his back, which is almost like a grey. Sorry i dont have any pic's. But i will soon. However i have one question, As of rite now he has no UV light system. There was only one light at the store witch was too small for my light fixture. They assured me there will be ones in on Tuesday. Its closed on monday. Is that ok? No UV for a day and a half?
    Love to heat some input

CHONG

PS- Considering Name "Bearded" Dragon I decided to name his after a Pirate or Captin. So i settled on Caption Morgan. For those of you who don't know Captin Morgan is a Dark Rum

Thanks
    lol. dont worry. he'll be fine. Since that was posted on the 5th, by now you will have one. I mailed my beardie to me. It took 2 days for him to come. mine was ok so I can assure you that yours will be fine too. If you are real worry about UV, just take him outside for 30 mins in the sun. I've heard stories were their beardie has gotten loose and they couldnt find it. 1 month later they found it under the frig. It was white looking and shaking. But now its ok because they renurished it back to normal. 1 month is a long time, but I probably woundnt try to see how long it can go. write back when you get the UV light. Tell us what kind it is and how much UV it produces. Also, keep it 12 inches or less form the spot were your beardie lays/basks the most. That way it can get UV while basking at the same time.

Glade to help,
    Mike
    Mike