Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,485

2 members and 3,483 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

Re: Any Feedback on the new Kevin McCurley Book - "The Ultimate Python: Morph Maker G

Quote Originally Posted by Pythonfriend View Post
    printing can be expensive when you go over the top with high quality pictures. there are ways to drive down the cost, by ensuring a very large amount of sales, or by going for the magazine printing process, basically printing it like a very thick issue of national geographic.

but when you look at an actual book, with hundreds of high quality pictures showing architecture, art from picasso, or nature photography or aerial and sattelite images of earth or astronomy pictures or whatever, as soon as it doesnt move in large numbers, such high prices are not unusual at all. you can find similar prices on amazon and in book stores when you look for books that are equally difficult to print.

what i dont like is that i have a suspicion that now that the book is out, NERD wont share anything for free anymore, like they used to. all their youtube videos about ball pythons have disappeared, the website lost content. this may have different reasons, but i am suspicious that they are cutting down on ways to get some of the information for free that is now in the book. i dont like that at all. they used to have really nice youtube videos, and helpful articles about genetics on their website. i dont want to be forced to buy the book just because they remove that stuff, so that the only way to gain any knowledge from NERD is now the book. if this really is a pattern now, i have to say its quite a disgusting marketing strategy. it implies that the community doesnt count, and people that dont buy the book can go screw themselves. if they would leave the website as it was and keep the youtube videos online, wouldnt that be good advertising for the book, like a free sample?

so im fine with the high price of the book. but if whats going on with their website and youtube channel really is part of a marketing strategy (i may be wrong, but i get the impression) then thats not OK with me. i dont know their other social media, if they also have a blog or facebook page and you are familiar with it, now would be the time to check if they removed stuff from there as well. throwing their community engagement and education efforts under the bus to sell a few more copies just isnt nice if it is true.
    Wow,

That is hardly following the scientific method. In this case I say the burden of proof lies upon you not anyone else as "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence "

Have a look at this page. Given the amount of information and time shared by N.E.R.D over the years it seems unlikely they would change what could be seen as a basic stance.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.

Thanks

Wink Re: Any Feedback on the new Kevin McCurley Book - "The Ultimate Python: Morph Maker G

Does anyone have a copy of the book for sale??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 972 Posts

Re: Any Feedback on the new Kevin McCurley Book - "The Ultimate Python: Morph Maker G

Quote Originally Posted by MorphBroker View Post
    Does anyone have a copy of the book for sale??
    As old as it is, the morphs and combos in it are going to be a lot different than what is on the market right now. In 2014 there was a small fraction of the morphs available now. Morph Market has the information you need readily available. If you click "browse" you can see which are recessive vs incomplete dominant based on the color. The only ones I am aware of that are anything besides simple recessive or incomplete dominant are:

Sex-linked complicated situation where it hops back and forth from Z to W and back occasionally- Banana and Coral Glow
    Still incomplete dominant but you can't see anything without "Super" form with another morph allelic with it- het Daddy
    7.22 BP 1.4 corn 1.1 SD retic 0.1 hognose

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikkubus View Post
    As old as it is, the morphs and combos in it are going to be a lot different than what is on the market right now. In 2014 there was a small fraction of the morphs available now. Morph Market has the information you need readily available. If you click "browse" you can see which are recessive vs incomplete dominant based on the color. The only ones I am aware of that are anything besides simple recessive or incomplete dominant are:

Sex-linked complicated situation where it hops back and forth from Z to W and back occasionally- Banana and Coral Glow
    Still incomplete dominant but you can't see anything without "Super" form with another morph allelic with it- het Daddy

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me and your points are noted . Thanks again!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123