Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,451

3 members and 1,448 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,529
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Today we re-joined the ranks of those breeding their own food, but this time with rats instead of stinky mice. We bought 1.2 brown and white rats, but they're still small, so it will probably be a few months before we have any offspring. We are all set up, though, with all three currently in a huge 3-story ferret cage, a Sterilite ready to put the male in after a bit of time with the female, and two birdcage-style small rodent cages for any weanlings not put down to be separated by gender. We have lab blocks, water bottles, newspaper, and fresh pears from the yard for them. There's a cardboard hide in each cage. I think we ought to find something to entertain them, but aside from that, is there anything you think we're missing?
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans
    xnview for resizing and coverting pics

Support Ball-Pythons.net by shopping our store!

Thanks
    i think all you are missin is rat babies lol

i think you got all of it .Post some pics when u can
    0.1 Albino Redtail Boa
    0.1 Colombian Redtail Boa
    0.2 Salmon Pastel Redtail Boa's
    0.1 normal Ball Python
    0.1 Ball Python.
    0.1 Albino Ball Python
    0.1 Amelanistic Corn Snake
    1.0 Sonoran Gopher
    1.0 Mexican black Kingsnake
    0.1 Luecistic Texas rat snake

Thanks
    Id be careful with that card board because rats love to chew and u might just have to pick a bunch of little pieces of card board all over the place

Thanks
    Sweet I wanted to breed my own rats but I am pushin it with my snake and my dogs and my bird My parents arent big fans of animals
    IF IT AINT BROKE!!!! You aint tryin......
    0.1.0 Ball Python (Spazz)

Thanks
    There's a cardboard hide in each cage.
    but aside from that, is there anything you think we're missing?
    Well, like Buckeye said, they will chew that box up.
    I was just going to say, with the above quote, that ......Well, your not missing it yet, but you will be missing that cardboard hide soon." lol
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is....

....Tattooed people don't care if you're not tattooed.

Thanks
    That's actually why I gave them cardboard, because I figured at least it would provide them with something to do, and the cardboard should be harmless unlike if they were chewing plastic.
    3.1.1 BP (Snyder, Hanover, Bo Peep, Sir NAITF, Eve), 1.2.3 Rhacodactylus ciliatus (Sandiego, Carmen, Scooby, Camo, BABIES ), 1.0 Chow (Buddha), 0.2 cats (Jezebel, PCBH "Nanners"), 0.3 humans

Thanks
    Hehe yeah beats them chewing holes in the water drippers GRRRR.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks
    I hate that! You can actually buy 'cages' for the water bottles to prevent their being chewed up, but I feel like I shouldn't have to take such drastic measures, ya know?

Thanks
    Just make sure to give 'em a little dog food or rawhide chewbones to keep their teeth worn down. Ours love both. We just had to cut our hairless boy rats's bottom teeth today because he couldn't close his mouth. He chews on everything and his teeth don't seem to wear down as quickly as the girls do. I don't know, but he sure loves his dog food and cheerios. They love whole grains like plain cheerios, wheat bread, uncooked wheat pasta, etc. Keeps 'em regular If they do end up having issues chewing up their water bottles or jumping on them, I found a great way to stop that right then and there. Take some tape and wrap it around with the sticky side out or use double-sided tape and wrap it around the top of the water bottle. Then generously sprinkle cayenne pepper on the tape. It stopped our from hanging on the water bottle and chewing holes in the lid of the tank and chewing holes in the water bottle. Goofy boogers. Anyway, hope that helped.
    --Becky--
    ?.? Normals, 1.0 100% Het Pied Classic Jungle, 1.0 Yellow Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Butterscotch Hypo, 0.1 100% Het VPI Hypo, 0.1 100% Het Yellow Hypo, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Yellowbellies, 0.1 YB Granite, 1.0 Black Pastel, 1.0 Lemon Pastel, 0.1 50% Possible Het Banded Albino, 0.1 Spider, 1.0 Fire, 0.2 Granite

Thanks
    Thanks, Becky. That does help about the water bottle, and I will pick up some Ol' Roy for them. They've enjoyed some plain Cheerios and some granola this week.

For some reason, 1.1 of the rats keep excluding the other 0.1, though. I'm a little concerned about that. There haven't been any attacks or anything, just Pajamas has to sleep/hang out outside the hide while Alpha and Lunchbox are cozy inside. I hope this doesn't lead to Pajamas being attacked or not breeding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast