Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,821

0 members and 2,821 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks
    :? Hello Group I'm back with some questions about housing 2 "Blood's" in the same enclosure? I have had my first blood for about 2 months now and I'm in a trading deal with a local pet store to get me another blood. The pet store I'm going through don't carry or blood's and the reason they gave me was because here in El Paso Texas the pet trade is really low and it's uncommon for anyone to purchase such an exotic snake. Any ways Im going with them on a special order trade and my question is "Would I be able to house both of my snakes together, or should I do that when they reach maturity? My first blood is about 18-20 inches long and the next one Im getting is going to also be a baby but theres no specific measurment the breeders are giving us. ( do plan on talking with the breeders for specific details on my new blood)I guess thats it for now, but I really hope to hear your all's input so please reply back!!!
    thanx! :lol:

Thanks
    um personally i have never recommended any snakes being kept together but i really know nothing about blood pythons so i can't say. but from my point of view no snake should be forced to be housed with another. just my opinion.
    Brian
    1.0 ball python-Reeses(u know the candy)
    0.1 sumatran blood python-shai (i miss you)
    1.0 JCP- spaz

Thanks
    I have 94 bloods (at the moment), and the only time 2 are in 1 cage is when they're being bred. 1 snake per cage is a very good rule to follow regardless of species. You would need to house the new snake separately anyway for quarantine, so why even bother putting them together in the long run? If you keep 2 snakes in one enclosure & there's a problem - i.e. regurge, abnormal feces, etc, how will you pinpoint which snake has the problem? And if there is something wrong with one snake, you're making the second one vulnerable to the same problem by keeping them together. 2 snakes sharing a water bowl is a great way to transmit pathogens from one animal to another.

And, hypotheticallly speaking of course, if you're wanting to keep 2 snakes together for lack of resources with which to get a second enclosure, don't get a second snake.

All food for thought...

K
    Kara L. Norris
    The Blood Cell - BloodPythons.com
    Selectively-bred bloods & short-tailed pythons
    Quality is our only filter.

Thanks
    Pretty succinct and thorough - K 'bout said it all right there and you can apply that pretty much across the board.

"I don't FEEL tardy . . ."

Thanks
    Hey everyone!
    Thanx for the reply posts, I kind of knew that I should house to snakes together much less "blood's". I have all the space and equipment to house plenty of blood's but I guess I was just curious. Again Thanx for all your opinions and talk to you all soon!
    "K" heres my email hopefully you can send me some pic's of your blood's and some info. you would reccomend...!
    coldblooded@tmail.com Or
    coldblooded1@spymac.com
    Thanx...